1. Which of the following is the lightest metal ?
2. The most important ore of Aluminium is �
3. The element present in the largest amount in rocks and minerals is �
4. An alloy used in making heating elements for electric heating devices is �
(D) German Silver
5. German Silver is an alloy of �
(A) Copper, Silver & Nickel
(B) Silver, Copper & Aluminium
(C) Zinc, Copper & Nickel
(D) Silver, Zinc & Nickel
6. Air is a/an �
7. Which of the following is the best conductor of Electricity ?
(A) Ordinary water
(B) Sea water
(C) Boiled water
(D) Distilled water
8. Balloons are filled with �
9. The charcoal used to decolourise raw sugar is �
(A) Animal charcoal
(B) Sugar charcoal
(C) Cocoanut charcoal
(D) Wood charcoal
10. The most abundant metal in the earth�s crust is �
11. The gas used to extinguish fire is �
(C) Carbon dioxide
(D) Carbon Monoxide
12. In which of the following activities Silicon Carbide is used ?
(A) Making cement and glass
(B) Disinfecting water and ponds
(C) Making castes for statues
(D) Cutting very hard substances
13. The element common to all acids is �
14. Gobar gas contains mainly �
(B) Carbon dioxide
(D) Carbon Monoxide
15. The most malleable metal is �
16. Tetraethyl lead is used as �
(A) Mosquito repellent
(B) Pain Killer
(C) Fire extinguisher
(D) Petrol additive
17. Which of the following is used in beauty parlours for hair setting ?
18. Which of the following is a non-metal that remains liquid in room temperature ?
19. From which mineral is radium obtained �
20. What is laughing gas ?
(A) Carbon dioxide
(B) Sulphur dioxide
(C) Nitrogen Dioxide
(D) Nitrous oxide
21. Which of the following is used as a material for making protective windows in space probes ?
22. Which form of phosphorus is used in safety metals?
(A) Red Phosphorus
(B) White Phosphorus
(C) Yellow Phosphorus
(D) Black Phosphorous
23. Stainless steel is an alloy of �
(A) Iron, Carbon and Nickel
(B) Iron and Manganese
(C) Iron, Chromium and Zinc
(D) Iron, Chromium and Nickel
24. Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Galena : Lead Sulphide
(B) Green vitriol : Copper sulphate
(C) Plaster of Paris : Calcium sulphate
(D) Calomel : Mercurous Chloride
25. Which of the following metals forms an amalgum with other metals ?
1. (C) 2. (A) 3. (B) 4. (C) 5. (C) 6. (C) 7. (B) 8. (A) 9. (D) 10. (C) 11. (C) 12. (D)
13. (B) 14. (A) 15. (B) 16. (D) 17. (B) 18. (A) 19. (C) 20. (D) 21. (D) 22. (A) 23. (D) 24. (B) 25. (D)