Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
Current Affairs 2009 for all competitive exams
54. Noted Hindustani Classical Vocalist who was presented with Bharath Ratna, country’s highest civilian award ?
Bhim Sen Joshi
55. “”Slumdog Millionire “ got how many BAFTA awards (British Academy of film and Television Arts)
7 awards including Best Director, Best Film…etc
56. Name of India’s Second humanoid robot which was formally unveiled during Quark-2009, the technical festival at Goa?
57. Name the Indian who awarded a honorary Doctorate of Letters by the University of Cambridge, where he served as the Master of Trinity College for six years.
58. Who was named African Footballer of the Year 2008?
Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor
59. Name the Union Minister for Small Scale Industries in the UPA government who was on charged in a murder case recently ?
60. The two ships, commissioned by the Indian Navy on 16 February 2009, at Chennai, which are the first two in a series of ten water jet Fast Attack Craft (FAC) being built at Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, GRSE, Kolkata ?.
INS Carnicobar and INS Chetlat
61. Name the 13-YEAR-OLD boy who has become a father in Britain, his wife is just 15.
Alfie Patten. His girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to Maisie Roxanne in Eastbourne Hospital, East Sussex
62. 17th Dulip Trophy Cricket title is won by?
63. Which Indian player won BCCI Payer of the year Award?
Virender Sehwag (The award is also known as Polly Umrigar Award)
64. The Indian Musician among the four international musicians to be awarded Grammy for their ‘Global Drum’ project. ?
Zakir Hussain, along with musicians Mickey Hart, Sikiru Adepoju and Giovanni Hidalgo, has been awarded the coveted gramophone for ‘The Global Drum’ in the Best Contemporary World Music Album category.
65. Which players were named joint winners of the Allan Border medal of 2008?
Ricky Ponting and Michael Clark
66. Who won the Australian Open junior title ?
Yuki Bhambri. He becomes the first Indian to win the Australian Open junior title. He outplayed his German opponent Alexandros-Ferdinandos Georgoudas to win the Junior Boys title in the Australian Open.
67. Who won the Australian Open women singles title of this year ?
68. Who won the Man of the Match award in the two 20-20 Cricket matches between India and New Zealand?
69. Who won Rotterdam Open title after beating world number one Rafael Nadal?
70. World Cup Cricket 2011 final will be held in which venue ?
71. Japan’s Finance Minister who has resigned, amid claims that he was drunk at a recent G7 meeting?
72. ST OSCAR AWARDS- ALL RESULTS
1. ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Penelope Cruz (VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA)
2. WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREEN PLAY)
Dustin Lance Black (MILK)
3. WRITING (ADAPTED SCREEN PLAY)
Simon Beaufoy (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE)
4. ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Andrew Stanton (WALL-E)
5. SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
6. ART DIRECTION
Donald Graham Burt (Art Direction); Victor J. Zolfo (Set Decoration) (THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON)
7. COSTUME DESIGN
8. MAKE UP
Greg Cannom (THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON)
Anthony Dod Mantle (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE)
10. SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
11. ACTOR IN SUPPORTING ROLE
Heath Ledger (THE DARK KNIGHT)
12. DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
13. DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
14. VISUAL EFFECTS:
17. FILM EDITING
19. BEST FEATURE FILM.
SLUM DOG MILLIONAIRE
20. BEST DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle (SLUM DOG MILLIONAIRE)
21. BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Sean Penn (MILK)
22. BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Kate Winslet (THE READER)
23. JEAN HERSHOLT HUMANITARIAN AWARD (SPECIAL HONOR)
Jerry Lewis (Comedic film and humanitarian work)
24. BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
Smile Pinki –( Director-Megan Mylan )
25. BEST ORIGINAL SONG
Jai Ho” from Slumdog Millionaire – A. R. Rahman (music), Gulzar (lyrics)
A. R. Rahman (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE )
73. Women’s Cricket World Cup -2009 won by?
England. They beat New Zealand in the Final by 4 wickets Nicki Shaw was named player of the match and Claire Taylor is the player of the tournament.
74. Women’s Cricket World Cup -2009 is held in ?
Next world cup is in 2013 which will be held in India.
75. Who won the Man of the Match award in the first Test between India and New Zealand at Hamilton, New Zealand?
76. Name the Hungarian Prime Minister resigned after facing mounting criticism over his government’s handling of the country’s economic crash.
77. Who is reinstated as chief justice of Pakistani Supreme Court after a series of protests and political turmoil
Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry
78. First elected female state premier in its history of Australia after a vote in Queensland. ?
79. Name the Sudanese opposition leader who has been released from prison, having been detained for two months for calling on Omar al-Bashir, Sudan’s president, to hand himself over to the International Criminal Court (ICC).?
80. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Chief who recently visited India to discuss the security situation in South Asia.?
81. Former Indian captain who equalled Mark Waugh’s world record of 181 Test catches in opening day of the first Test against New Zealand at Seddon Park in Hamilton?
82. Which country will host the second version of IPL, i.e. IPL-2009?
83. Who has been selected for the 18th Aravindan Award instituted by the Chalachithra Film Society?
Marathi film-maker Paresh Mokashi
84. British reality TV star died at the age of 27 with cervical cancer, who became famous after appearing on the UK’s Big Brother reality Show?
85. Who won World Boxing Association (WBA) International and World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Inter-Continental lightweight titles in this year?
British boxer Amir Khan
86. Who became Madagascar’s acting president after the army ended a months-long power struggle and swept him to power?
Andry Rajoelina, he is only 34-year-old.
87. Who is appointed as the new chief of the Indian Air Force?
Air Marshal PV Naik
88. Name the computer institute of Kerala which has made an entry into the Limca Book of Records for the largest number of students in a single centre?
Sree Sankaracharya Computer Centre (SSCT), in Kannur district
89. Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the United States of America?
90. Name the Indian-American who last week was appointed Federal Chief Technology Officer by President Barack Obama
He was reinstated to his job by Barack Obama at the White House, five days after he went on leave following Federal Bureau of Investigation’s raids at his previous office, in a corruption case related to employees working there. He returned to the job after it became clear that he was not the ‘target of investigations.
91. Name the Indian-American who is appointed as Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs Washington by U.S.President Barack Obama?
92. Name the Monster like father who held his Daughter as Sex-Slave Prisoner in Cellar for 24 years and gave birth to 7 children?
93. Country which has been suspended by The African Union from the continental body, saying the replacement of the island nation’s president by an army-backed politician constitutes a coup.
94. Who was unanimously re-elected to North Korea’s rubber-stamp parliament recently?
Kim Jong Il
95. The Russian Mobile Company which launched its CDMA-based mobile services in Kerala circle after Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan?
MTS, (Mobile Tele Systems)
96. Which Tennis Player has won WTA Player of the Year award-2009?
Serena Williams. This is her Second WTA Player of the Year award. She won the same in 2002.
97. The first person to be certified as a survivor of both US atomic bombings at the end of the Second World War?
Photograph Jemal Countess/ WireImage
Tsutomu Yamaguchi, a 93-year-old Japanese man who was in Hiroshima on a business trip on 6 August 1945 when a US B-29 dropped an atomic bomb on the city.
98. Which Indian will replace football star David Beckham, who has been endorsing Motorola as its global brand ambassador?
99. Who won the 20-20 Cricket series between South Africa and Australia in
100. Who is appointed as the Second Deputy Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia?
Prince Naif Bin Abdul Aziz