Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
101. Who are the winners of Indian Open Badminton Title in 2009 ?
Men’s Single Title- Taufik Hidayat (Indonesia)
102. First national female judge of Dubai?
103. New Prime Minister of Israel ?
Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel’s Likud party
104. Who is appointed as Administrator of the United Nationals Development Programme(UNDP)?
105. Who is named to the “Order of Companions of O R Tambo in Gold”, one of the highest state honours of South Africa?
Cuban President Fidel Castro
106. Who is the new Prime Minister of Malaysia ?
107. The US billionaire who roared into space aboard a Russian rocket, making history as the first tourist to make the epic journey twice?
108. The country which re-enters NATO’s (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) military command after more than 40 years?
109. Who has been appointed as the new Captain of Sri Lankan Cricket Team?
110. Who wins Commonwealth Writers’ Prize Best Book Award for Europe and South Asia region ?
Jhumpa Lahiri for her book ‘Unaccustomed Earth’
111. Who purchased Mahatma Gandhi’s personal belongings which include Gandhiji’s iconic round-rimmed spectacles, a pocket watch, a pair of sandals, a plate and bowl and letters of authenticity for USD 1.8 million at an auction in New York from the owner, James Otis?
112. Palestinian Prime Minister who submitted his resignation in a move that could help usher in a power-sharing deal between Western-backed President Mahmoud Abbas and his rivals in the militant group Hamas?
113. Home Secretary of India?
Gopala Krishna Pillai. He would assume charge after Madhukar Gupta, the present Home Secretary, retires on March 31. At present G.K. Pillai is the Commerce Secretary.
114. The president of Guinea-Bissau, who was assassinated by the military in a retaliatory attack for the killing of the army chief of the volatile and drug-corrupted west African state?.
Jo Bernardo Vieira
115. Fast bowler who has announced his retirement from international cricket after eight years of service for South Africa?
116. The son of the poets Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath , 46 years after his mother gassed herself while he slept?
Sylvia Plath with her son Nicholas Hughe. He was only a baby when she committed suicide.
117. The 21st Arab League (AL) summit to discuss a package of major issues, including the Palestinian cause, the peace process in the Middle East, improvement of inter-Arab relations and the situation in Sudan was held at ?
Doha, capital of Qatar
118. G-20 Summit which is the world’s 20 largest developed and developing nations meeting was held at?
119. Lawyer from the Maharashtra Service Legal Authority, who had been appointed to represent Mumbai terror attack accused Ajmal Amir Kasab and withdrew from the case later in response of several protests.
120. Maruti Suzuki has decided to stop two selling models, from 11 cities, including the four metros, from 2010 due to tighter emission norms. Which are they?
Maruti-800 and Omni
121. Former cricket player of Pakistan who was appointed as an adviser to the Chinese Cricket Association?
122. Bollywood actor and politician who has been appointed the General Secretary of Samajwadi Party.
123. Name the Thai citizen who was sentenced to 10 years in prison for insulting the king of Thailand and his family by posting edited photos of the monarchy on the Internet?
124. At the time of its final broadcast on September 18, 2009, the teleserial which will have spanned 72 years and more than 15,700 episodes on television and radio?
125. Mahatma Gandhi is remembered in a very special way in a small village in India by worshipping his idol in a temple? Where is it?
The temple at Bhatra Village in Sambalpur town in Orissa
126. England All rounder who made the first hat-trick of his international career in the recent One Day series against West Indies?
127. Name the Slovakia’s president who wins second term in office after defeating the first woman to reach a runoff vote?
128. Who won the Sony Ericsson Open final by beating Serena Williams which is held in Miami?
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus
129. Who was the ‘man of the series’ in the Test series against New Zealand which India won 1-0 to script a series win in that country after 41 years?
130. India signed three pacts with a gulf country for strengthening cooperation in science and technology, education and culture as they pledged to contribute to each other’s well being and prosperity. Which is that country?
131. Kiran Sikri, a consumer who was penalised by a bank in India despite cancelling her loan. After her complaint, she was awarded a compensation of Rs.25,000/-by the Consumer Commission which found the bank guilty of deficiency of service in that case. Name that Bank?
132. The country in which state of emergency declared recently by its Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, with troops firing shots into the air in an attempt to control anti-government protesters, some of whom stormed the country’s interior ministry?
133. Who is appointed as the new President and CEO of Mahindra Life space Developers?
134. Country which regained the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey title after a 13-year gap, defeating hosts Malaysia 3-1 in the final of the five-nation tournament?
135. Which IT Company won the bid for India’s fourth largest software exporter Satyam Computer?
Tech Mahindra, the IT arm of auto major Mahindra and Mahindra.
Tech Mahindra’s winning bid was of Rs.1,757 Crore ($351.4 million) for 31 percent stake in the scam-tainted IT giant “Satyam”
136. Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza lifted her first WTA title of the year, teaming up with a Chinese Player to clinch the women’s doubles trophy at the USD 220,000 MPS Group Championships in Florida. Who is she?
137. Who became the first Indian sports personality to be featured at the Madame Tussaud’s wax museum in London?
138. Recently a German Luxury carmaker has launched a Limited Edition of its E-Class cars in India? Name the Company?
The Mercedes Benz E-Class Limited Edition is priced at Rs 43.4 Lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi).
139. The First Dog who joined US President Barack Obama and his family at the White House on April 14, 2009?
140. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) recently launched its much awaited white-labelled credit card in tie up with an Indian Bank? Which Bank?
141. Who is selected as the captain of The Wisden Test XI of 2008, which recognises the best Test cricketers and endorses Test cricket as the highest, most skilled form of the game.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the team includes Indians Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan.
142. The journalist who threw a shoe at Home Minister P Chidambaram at a press conference protesting against the minister’s reply on his question on CBI’s clean chit to Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in the 1984 Sikh riots case?
Jarnail Singh, a senior reporter of Dainik Jagran
143. The Indian Company which managed to buy its French partner Group Danone’s 50% stake in ABI Holdings, which controls 51% equity interest in biscuit major Britannia Industries.
The Nusli Wadia group
Nusli N Wadia, is the chairman of Britannia Industries,
144. Who is re-appointed as Fiji’s interim prime minister despite a Court of Appeal’s decision last week declaring his 2006 military coup illegal?
Commodore Frank Bainimarama
145. Leading Afghan rights activist who was killed by Taliban cowards after leaving meeting in Kandahar, Afghanistan?
146. Rifle-shooter who won the gold in the three position event in the Chongwon World Cup in South Korea, becoming the first Indian to win two medals in a single ISSF World Cup?
147. Which Zimbabwe captain named as the new coach of England Cricket Team for the recent series against West Indies and the Ashes?
148. Who is appointed as the new US Ambassador to India?
149. Which country’s teams are qualified for the next World Cup Cricket in 2011?
Canada, Kenya, Holland, Ireland
150. Name the American Journalist who was accused with charges amounting to Espionage for the U S, and was sentenced to eight years in Prison by the Judicial Council of IRAN last week?
- National Newsmaker February 2012
- Indian Current Affairs 20.09.2010
- Anna University: Off-shore Campus In Dubai
- Obamas Popularity Increases For Serving Americans & World Peace - God Believers (GBA)
- Rahul Gandhi Attacks Nitish Kumar
- Burj Khalifa-The Tallest Building In The World
- National Hotspots
- General Knowledge: Static GK: Suppliment 4
- International Landscape December 2011
- HARNESSING NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY FOR DEVELOPMENT -Dr. Srikumar Banerjee