Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
Current Affairs 2009 for all competitive exams
446. Who is the first Spanish woman to become the judge of the Supreme Court of United States?
447. Hockey Test series between India and Belgium is won by?
448. Who is appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive of ING Vysya Bank for a period of three years?
449. Writer-director, Hollywood’s youth impresario of the 1980s and ’90s who captured the teen and preteen market with such favorites as “The Breakfast Club,” Sixteen Candles”,”Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and “Home Alone, died recently ?
450. Which country dominated the Asian Youth Chess Championship, topping seven of the 12 categories as the event concluded at the Tivoli Garden Resort, New Delhi?
451. Who is appointed as the army chief of Nepal?
452. Indian-American, expert in Intellectual Property, who is appointed for a key post in the US Commerce Department by the president Barack Obama?
453. Which team won the Italian Super Cup beating Inter Milan in the final by 2-1?
454. Which country won the World junior volleyball championship (Under 21) in 2009?
455. The Captain of the Spanish football team Espanyol, who has died from a heart attack at the age of 26?
456. Who won the Man of the Match award in the fourth Ashes Test ?
457. Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president who sworn-in as Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab for the second time this year?
458. Which team won the Community Shield football title beating Manchester United 4-1 on penalties at Wembley after the teams drew 2-2 ?
459. Sister of former U.S.President John F. Kennedy, who carried on the family’s public service tradition by founding the Special Olympics and championing the rights of the mentally disabled, died recently at the age of 88?
460. Name the bowler played for Holland in the recent Twenty20 World Cup , who is recently included in the Australian team for the 20-20 match against England?
461. Name the TV crime show host who faces jail after allegedly ordering murders in a bid to boost television ratings?
462. One of the most revered guitarists in history and the father of the electric guitar, who passed away at the age of 94.
Photo Michael Ochs Archive Getty
463. Ashok Chakra, the nation’s highest peacetime award for gallantry on the eve of Independence Day is given to ?
467. Keerthi Chakra Awardees:
468. Coach of West Indies who was sacked by the West Indies Cricket board ahead of the Champions Trophy?
469. American who was sentenced to seven years in prison but then deported after swimming to the lakeside home of detained Burmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi?
John William Yettaw 470. Zimbabwe’s player who equaled Saeed Anwar’s record highest individual one-day international score of 194 in the match against Bangladesh?
471. Chinese ace who is poised to become the first player in World Badminton Championship history to win three successive men’s singles titles?
472. Who won the Rogers Cup doubles title beating Max Mirnyi and Andy Ram in Montreal.
473. Who won Britain’s first ever World Championship heptathlon gold medal at the 12th IAAF World Athletics Championships?
474. Who broke the world record at the 12th IAAF World Athletics Championships in Berlin after running the 100 meter sprint in just 9.58 seconds?
475. Who broke the world record at the 12th IAAF World Athletics Championships in Berlin after running the 200 meter sprint in just 19.19seconds?
476. Who won women’s shot put gold at the 12th World Athletic Championships in Berlin?
477. Who becomes the first farmer of India to receive pension implemented by a state?
478. Who won the Cincinnati Open Tennis title after beating top-ranked Russian Dinara Safina in the final ?
479. Scottish tennis player has won the Montreal Masters event in Canada beating Argentina’s Juan Martin del Potro in the final?
480. The Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former president of South Korea who was crucial in promoting the country’s “Sunshine Policy” aiming at a detente with North Korea died recently?
Kim Dae Jung
481. Who is the Man of the series of One Day cricket series between Zimbabwe and Bangladsesh ?
482. Who captured the World Athletics Championships gold medal in the women’s 100 meters to claim the title of “World’s Fastest Woman"
483. Who remains the world’s most powerful woman for 2009, according to a ranking published by Forbes magazine?
The list of the hundred women includes–
484. Ninety-six-year-old, a Florida resident of Indian origin who becomes the world’s oldest blogger.?
485. Who is appointed as new Pak Taliban chief?
486. Who won the Man of the Match in the final test of Ashes held at The Ovalin 2009?
487. Ethiopian Olympic Champion who won the gold medal in the 5000m and 10000m race in Berlin, marking the first time an athlete has ever won distance double at the IAAF World Athletics Championships?
488. The controversial book written by former union minister and B.J.P leader Jaswant singh that eulogising Mohd Ali Jinnah ?
489. Who won the Rogers Cup Women singles title beating Maria Sharapova in the final?
490. Who won the Cincinnati Open Men’s Tennis title after beating Novak Djokovic in the final?
491. Which team lifts the Spanish Supercup football title?
492. Who won the Miss Universe 2009 title?
493. Who has been appointed director of the Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala?
494. Which team won the 2009 Santiago Bernabeu Trophy by defeating Norwegian side Rosenborg (4-0) in the final ?
495. One of the most influential and longest-serving senators in the history of America who dies at the age of 77?
496. Who becomes the first left-arm spinner to claim 300 Test wickets?
497. Which country has become Japan’s largest trading partner recently ?
498. Who will be appointed as the Guwahati chief justice.?
499. Which player was named the European Club Player of the Year 2009?
500. Which team won the UEFA Supercup defeating Shakhtar Donetsk (1-0)?
- January - February 2012 Award
- UPSC (PT) CURRENT AFFAIRS (I)
- Rajasthan: Newsmaker February 2012
- Spotlight Plan,Commission, Meeting, Smitia,January2012
- Current Affairs: June 2010
- Current Affairs Oct. 2018
- Current Affairs-Objective GK Questions
- What Is 3G?-Abbreviations To Know
- Latest 2010 Solved Current Affairs, General Knowledge Questions For Competition Papers.