Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
Current Affairs 2009 for all competitive exams
501. Who crowned the first ever Miss Bollywood UK at a gala event in Birmingham ?
502. Indians who won the mixed doubles title at the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold badminton?
503. Who won the Man of the Series in the test series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
504. Which country won Nehru Cup International Football Tournament 2009?
505. Who won the Man of the Tournament award of Nehru Cup Football title-2009?
506. Which scientist is elected as the new President of International Academy of Astronautics (IAA)?
507. Who is the new Air Officer Commanding –in-Chief of Southern Air Command of India?
508. Who is appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command?
509. Who will act as a bowling consultant for the Kolkata Knight Riders during the third edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) next year?
510. India achieved a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate of how much percentage during April-June 2009?
511. The Indian-American fashion designer who charged with sexually assaulting seven girls was sentenced to 59 years of imprisonment on Aug 31?
512. Who is appointed as the new Air Officer-in-Charge Personnel (AOP)of the Indian Air Force (IAF)?
513. Country which has been expelled from the Commonwealth after failing to announce plans to hold elections in 2010?
514. Distinguished scientist and the man in charge of the development of missile and strategic systems in the country, who is appointed as the chief of the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)?
515. Who is appointed as the vice chief of Indian Army?
516. Bollywood Actor who has been appointed by Life insurance Company Max New York Life as the brand ambassador for Max Vijay, a brand specifically targeted at providing financial inclusion to the underprivileged masses?
517. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister who feared dead after his Bell 430 chopper crash-landed about 40 nautical miles east of the Kurnool mountainous area of Andra Pradesh?
518. The first Iranian female cabinet minister who is appointed since the foundation of the Islamic Republic 30 years?
519. Who won the Man of the Series Award in the recent 20-20 cricket series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand which is held in Sri Lanka?
520. Lok Sabha Secretary General who was recently given a year’s extension by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar?
521. Who took over charge as Additional General Manager, Southern Railway?
522. Athletes who won $1 million Golden League jackpot which is given by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) to anyone who wins all six of the premier European meets?
Answer:Yelena Isinbayeva, Kenenisa Bekele and Sanya Richards
523. Who is the new Brand Ambassador of popular Levis Jeans?
524. U.S.President Barack Obama’s adviser and an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly “green jobs” with the White House Council on Environmental Quality who resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements?
(Photo:Carlos) Van Jones
525. Who has topped the list of world’s 10 top earning cricketers compiled by Forbes magazine ?
Raking in USD 10 million, Dhoni is at the top of the chart followed by Tendulkar at the second spot with earnings worth USD 8 million in the list of ‘The World’s Top-Earning Cricketers’ . While Yuvraj Singh and Dravid are at the third and fourth spot, respectively, Ganguly and Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting share the sixth place.
526. Former Chief Minister of Punjab and former governor of Haryana and Orissa , who died recently after a prolonged illness?
527. Recently India and US have signed a pact on ?
528. Who has become the second Indian after Geet Sethi to win the World’s Billiards Championship?
529. Australian Cricket player who retired from international Twenty20 cricket recently?
530. The first African country to qualify for the 2010 World Cup Football which is to be held in South Africa?
531. Which country leads world in foreign weapons sales in the year 2008?
532. Who participated as the chief guest at the 19th Independence Day celebrations of Tajikistan which was held at Dushanbe?
533. Reserve Bank recently decided to introduce polymer banknotes of which denomination whose life span would be 4 times the normal currency notes and would be difficult to imitate.?
534. The Sri Lankan government has ordered a senior United Nations diplomat to leave the country after accusing him of partiality towards the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE). Name of that spoke person of UNICEF?
535. Woman journalist of Sudan convicted of public indecency for wearing trousers outdoors was freed recently despite her own desire to serve a month in prison as protest against Sudan’s draconian morality laws?
536. Name of the Buddha statue gifted by Mahatma Gandhi to one of his Irish friend, which was sold in London in the auction for Rs 5.47 lakh (6,840 pounds)?
537. Who was the captain of Indian team for the 23rd FIBA Asia Women Basketball Championship held in Chennai?
538. Venezuela recognized the independence of two countries on September 10, 2009. Name that countries.
539. New York Governor David Paterson recently signed into law a bill that bans use of a word in documents used by state agencies, public authorities and municipalities when referring to persons of Asian or Pacific islander heritage.
540. Indian Musician who has been invited to perform live along with the famous Pussycat Dolls — a pop girl group and dance ensemble- on the occasion of the India’s historic participation in the America’s world famous Polo Cup?
541. Former Taiwan President who has been found guilty of corruption and sentenced to life in prison?
542. Indian film which is included in the “Festival of festival” section in the Cairo International film festival that will commence on the tenth of November?
543. Which footballer won the annual VP Sathyan Memorial Award?
544. Former president of BCCI who served as the chairman of the national selection committee (including when Sachin Tendulkar was first picked in the Indian team in 1989) died at the age of 73 following a prolonged illness recently?
545. High Court Lawyer, who has been appointed Assistant Solicitor General of India for conducting Central government cases other than the cases of income tax and the Railway Department before the High Court?
546. An island of Mexico which was clearly visible on national and international maps until the middle of the 20th century has gone missing now?
547. Cuban revolutionary leader, who has died in Havana at the age of 82, had been among only three surviving rebel leaders who still bore the honorary title “Commander of the Revolution.”
548. World’s oldest person, a woman who was born in 1894 died in California at the age of 115 gained a measure of fame when she voted for Barack Obama for U.S. president?
549. Which country will host the 6th SAF football matches scheduled for December 1-15 of this year?
550. First Indian to reach semi-finals of World Boxing Championships and fist Indian to win a medal in the same event?
551. Which club won their maiden IFA Shield football tournament title?
Churchill Brothers, Goa
552. Nat West One day cricket series between England and Australia won by ?
553. Who has been selected for this year’s Mathrubhumi Literary Award of Rs.2 Lakhs instituted by the Malayalam daily “Mathrubhumi”?
554. Name of the 14-year-old astrophysicist from Kozhikode, Kerala who recently participated in the NASA space camp where a model rocket designed by her was launched?
555. An American agronomist, humanitarian, and Nobel laureate who has been deemed the father of the Green Revolution died at the age of 95, on September 12, 2009?
556. Which film won the Golden Lion for best picture at the Venice film festival?
557. Who won the Silver Lion prize for best director at the Venice film festival?
558. ‘Basava Sri’ award instituted by Murugha mutt won by ?
559. Noted football commentator who was found dead in his hotel a day after the final of the IFA Shield?
560. French photographer who was one of France’s giants of photography, particularly famous for his images of post-war Paris in the 1940s and 1950s died recently at the age of 99?
561. Who has been named as one of the two Anglo Indian nominees to the Lok Sabha — taking Kerala’s strength in the Lower House of the Indian Parliament to 21?
562. Which country won the tri-nation Compaq Cup (One Day Cricket Series) held in Sri Lanka?
563. Who is appointed as the Managing Director of Agri co-operative National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED)?
564. The India Today Group has recently adjudged which state of India as the best State with regard to the law and order situation.
565. Who won US Open Men’s Double Title?
567. Who won the US Open Women’s title 2009?
568. Who Clinch US Open Women’s Doubles Title?
569. Who won US Open men’s title?
570. A juror in the fashion designer Anand Jon rape trial who was fined $1,000 and sentenced to 120 hours of community service for trying to strike up a romance with Sanjana, the sister of Anand Jon who was sentenced to 59 years?
571. Who has been selected by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) to head the operations of the organisation as the Chairman for the period of 2009-10?
572. Name of the Olympic medal-winning boxer who has been found dead by his manager?
573. Who will be the chairman of the Fourth Finance Commission constituted by the Government of Kerala?
574. Name of the sacred food offered to devotees at the Lord Venkateswara Temple in Andhra Pradesh which has been awarded geographical copyright that bars others from naming or marketing the sweetmeat preparation under the same name?
575. Name of the most expensive bike so far launched in India by the Japanese bike giant Yamaha?
576. Person from Kerala who has been honored with the highest award of Bharat Scouts and Guides ‘Silver Elephant Award 2007-08’.?
577. Who is named as Japan’s new Prime Minister ?
578. Indonesia’s most wanted Islamist militant, who was killed in a police shoot-out in Central Java of Indonesia ?
579. Who is now officially the tallest man walking the planet by the Guinness World Records?
Sultan Kosen 27, from Turkey was recognized as the tallest person(8 foot 1 inch (2.47 meter)) in the world on September 17,2009.
580. Who is the new Accountant General of Kerala State?
581. Indian American technocrat who has been appointed by U.S.President Barack Obama to a key administration post dealing with energy research?
582. Footballer of Argentina who signed a two-year contract extension with Barcelona until the summer of 2016?
583. The Indians who have figured in a list of 60 “most influential foreigners” who have played a profound role in shaping the way over 1.2-billion people of modern China think and live?
584. Which TV series won the 2009 Emmy award for best comedy?
585. Which TV series won the 2009 Emmy award for best drama?
586. Who is the new captain of Delhi Dare Devils Team ?
587. The Indian tennis star who has confirmed Indian team berth in the Davis Cup World Group after he ousted South Africa’s Rik Voest in the reverse singles match of the Davis Cup tie ?
588. Name of 13-year-old girl from Lucknow who addressed the United Nations Climate Change Summit in New York?
589. Who are the winners of Durand Cup-2009?
590. Name of Indian-origin woman who was sentenced to 33 years in jail – one of the longest jail terms handed out to a woman in Britain – for murdering her two teenaged daughters in a frenzied knife attack at her home in Cambridgeshire?
591. The 63-year-old magazine, which has covered business and politics since World War II, will shut down in December 2009, struggling with losses as readers and advertisers move to the Internet?
592. Name of India’s 16th remote sensing satellite successfully launched by ISRO through its space carrier Plar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) in just twenty minutes?
593. Who has been selected for this year’s Vallathol Award which carries a purse of Rs.1,11,111 and citation?
594. The much anticipated small car for India which was unveiled in Delhi by Ford Motor Company?
595. Who is the new director of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, (UNESCO)?
596. The adventurers who set a new world record after successfully landing on Mount Everest 16,800 ft above sea level?
597. A prominent Indian American agricultural scientist, who has been nominated for the post of the Chief Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative by the US President Barack Obama?
598. India’s maiden spacecraft, which has discovered water on the lunar surface?
599. First mixed-gender university of Saudi Arabia which opened recently?
600. Who is the chairman of Subordinate Legislation Committee of Indian Loksabha?
- 24 Indians Rescued From Traffickers In Malaysia
- Current Affairs July 2010/ General Knowledge Questions With Answers July 2010
- Sports Landscape Feb 2012
- CURRENT AFFAIRS:MARCH 2010 : BUSINESS & ECONOMY
- Australia Wins Champions Trophy 2009
- Objective Type Current Affair Questions :
- Delhis Khan Market Worlds 21st Costliest Street
- Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
- Current Affairs February 2021
- Economy Affairs Of India