Exam Preperation-RRB-Railway Exams
Exam Preperation-RRB-Railway Exams
1. 1. The Indian Economy will grow as per the estimates given by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) at which of the following rates in 2008 ?
2. Government has notified the hike in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit for Public Sector Undertakings refineries. The new FDI limit is—
3. As per the report on State of Forest released on February 13, 2008, what is the percentage coverage of forest area in the total geographical area of the country ?
4. 13th Finance Commission has been constituted under the Chairmanship of—
5. SEBI is a—
6. 15th SAARC Summit is scheduled to be held in July-August 2008. The changed venue of the summit is—
7. When was the SAARC established ?
8. What is the present number of member countries of European Economic Community ?
9. Which Committee recommended abolition of tax rebates under section 88 ?
10. Which of the following countries is not the members of European Union ?
11. Pradhanmantri Bharat Jodo Pariyojna is related to—
12. ‘Sagarmala’ is a name associated with—
13. Tarapore Committee submitted its report on “Full Convertibility on Rupee” in—
14. The new President of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) is—
15. As per Revised Estimates for 2006-07 released by CSO, the growth rate for Indian economy has been estimated to be—
16. CENVAT is related to—
17. Aam Admi Bima Yojana provides social security to—
18. According to 2001 census urbanrural population ratio is about—
19. As per the final estimates of Ministry of Agriculture, the rice production for 2006-07 is estimated at—
20. According to 2001 census the state having highest urban population is—
21. The growth rate of construction sector for the year 2006-07 has been estimated at the level—
22. International Finance Corporation (IFC) has decided to fund an Ultra Mega Power Project in Gujarat. This project belongs to—
23. Which states ranks first and last respectively in Education Development Index (EDI) prepared to track the progress of states towards providing universal elementary education ?
24. Targeted power capacity addition for 11th plan period is—
25. During 2006-07 which sector has shown the highest growth rate ?
26. The Ex-officio Secretary of NDC is—
27. 15th SAARC Summit was held in July–August 2008. The venue of the summit was—
28. In National Mineral Policy (1993) which mineral was allowed for having investment from private sector—
29. The share of road transport in total transport of the country is–
30. 11th National Conference on e-governance was held on 7–8 February, 2008 at—
31. Which percentage of Central Taxes have been recommended by the 12th Finance Commission to be transferred to States ?
32. Which state possesses the maximum percentage of SC population ?
33. Government has decided to cover all districts of the country in National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (NREGP)—
34. What is ‘NIKKEI’ ?
35. Which statement is correct for Indian Planning Commission ?
36. Which State of the following has adopted VAT (Value Added Tax) w.e.f. January 1, 2007 ?
37. Service Tax revenue collection for 2007–08 (Budget estimates) was proposed at Rs. 50,200 crore but the revised estimates remained at—
38. NABARD was established on the recommendation of—
39. Sampurna Gramin Rojgar Yojana has been launched from—
40. Which company is providing mobile service with name ‘Cell one’ to the consumers ?
41. VAT is imposed—
42. The newly elevated person as Joint Chairman–cum–Managing Director of National Aviation Company of India Ltd. (NACIL) is—
43. Kutir Jyoti scheme is associated with—
44. Novelis has been acquired and merged with—
45. OTCEI is—
46. The New Chairman of SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) is—
47. Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) for 2008–09 as per document of 11th plan stands at Rs. 2,28,725 crore but in budget proposals for 2008–09 it has been raised to—
48. The base of Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers is being shifted from 1982 to—
49. In Budget proposals for 2008–09, which of the following gives 24% contribution in revenue collection of union government ?
50. The base year of present Consumer Price Index (CPI) for Urban Non-Manual Employees (CPI—UNME) is—
51. CAPART is related with—
52. Note issuing deptt. of RBI should always possess the minimum gold stock of worth—
53. Which of the following does not grant any tax rebate ?
54. Ad hoc Treasury Bill System of meeting budget deficit in India was abolished on—
55. SEBI was established in—
56. The working of SEBI includes—
57. The “Ad hoc Treasury Bill System” of meeting budget deficit in India was replaced by ‘Ways and Means Advances System’ which has come into force on—
58. Fiscal deficit as a percentage of GDP was 4•0% in 2004–05 which sliped down in 2008–09 (Budget Estimates) to—
59. According to the Economic Survey 2007–08 during the period April 3, 2007 and February 6, 2008 Indian rupee appreciated against US dollar by—
60. Which statement of the following is true for IMF ?
61. For 2006-07, agriculture growth rate has been estimated at—
62. Which of the following is public sector organisation ?
63. Which day has been declared as ‘Balika Diwas’ (Girl Day) by the Ministry of Woman and Children Development ?
64. For RIDF-XIII, allocation in Union Budget 2006-07 was—
65. The birth rate and death rate for the year 2006 have been estimated as—
66. Central Issue price of foodgrains under TPDS includes price for BPL and APL (below poverty line and above poverty line). What is the difference between the two ?
67. What growth target government has estimated for the domestic crude production for the 11th Plan (2007–12) ?
68. Rural women can avail the benefit of Mahila Samriddhi Yojana if they open their account in—
69. Agriculture sector registered 6% growth in 2005-06 and it is estimated for year 2007-08 at—
70. As per the second advanced estimates of Agricultural Production for the year 2007-08 released by the Ministry of Agriculture, Kharif production has been estimated at—
71. Mistry Committee in its final report recommends full capital account convertibility by—
72. Which committee recommended tax on Agriculture Holdings ?
73. The Present Service Tax rate as proposed in Union Budget 2008-09 is—
74. The cause of deflation is—
75. Which of the following is a better measure of economic development ?
76. Which bank in India performs duties of Central Bank ?
77. Out of one Rupee expenditure, how much paise have been allotted for subsidy in 2008-09 budget proposals?
8. ‘India Brand Equity Fund’ was established in—
79. Mixed Economy means—
80. Ministry of HRD has announced to hike FDI limit in Education to—
81. “Pure Banking, Nothing Else” is a slogan raised by—
82. During 2006-07, External debt
to GDP ratio in India stood at—
83. Indian State having the lowest Infant Mortality Rate is—
84. ‘Smart Money’ is a term used for—
85. Which of the following has the maximum share in GSM Mobile Phone Service Market ?
86. The main objective of TRYSEM was—
87. The establishment of IORARC (Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Co-operation) was officially declared on—
88. Inside Trading is related to—
89. The largest source of National Income in India is—
90. ‘Public Sector’ means—
91. NABARD is—
92. Indian Green Revolution is the most successful in—
93. The period of 10th plan in India was—
94. Economic Planning is in—
95. Presently (from April 29, 2003) bank rate in India is—
96. Gross domestic savings as a proportion of GDP has been improving. What is the average percentage of gross domestic savings during the 10th plan ?
97. 12th Finance Commission has recommended to merge and determine one single interest rate on various outstanding central loans to states having different interest rates. What is this recommended interest rate ?
98. MRTP is related to—
99. Interest Rate Policy is a part of—
100. The basis of determining dearness allowance to employees in India is—
101. Which one of the following persons occupies the top rank in Forbes’ list of World’s richest people ?
- Railway Modal Paper
- 2008 General Knowledge Questions For RRB Exams Question Paper
- Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) Exam Questions Paper: General Science
- RRB ASM General Knowledge Solved Paper
- Railway Recruitment Board Examination
- RRB Practice Papers - Mathematical Aptitude Questions
- Ajmer Railway Recruitment Board Examination (ECRC) Solved Paper
- (Objective Questions) Sample Questions For MBA, PO, UPSC, RRB Etc - Page 4
- RRB : Numerical Aptitude Paper Pattern
- Bhopal RRB Goods Guard Solved Paper 2008 (2)