Windows Management Shortcuts-Windows 7 Shortcut Keys
Windows 7 Shortcut Keys ~ Interesting !
* Win+Home: Clear all but the active window.
* Win+Space: All windows become transparent so you can see through to the desktop.
* Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window.
* Shift+Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window vertically.
* Win+Down arrow: Minimize the window/Restore the window if it’s maximized.
* Win+Left/Right arrows: Dock the window to each side of the monitor.
* Shift+Win+Left/Right arrows: Move the window to the monitor on the left or right.
You can also interact with windows by dragging them with the mouse:
* Drag window to the top: Maximize
* Drag window left/right: Dock the window to fill half of the screen.
* Shake window back/forth: Minimize everything but the current window.
* Double-Click Top Window Border (edge).
You can use any of these shortcut combinations to launch the applications in their respective position on the taskbar, or more:
* Win+number (1-9): Starts the application pinned to the taskbar in that position, or switches to that program.
* Shift+Win+number (1-9): Starts a new instance of the application pinned to the taskbar in that position.
* Ctrl+Win+number (1-9): Cycles through open windows for the application pinned to the taskbar is that position.
* Alt+Win+number (1-9): Opens the Jump List for the application pinned to the taskbar.
* Win+T: Focus and scroll through items on the taskbar.
* Win+B: Focuses the System Tray icons
In addition, you can interact with the taskbar using your mouse and a modifier key:
* Shift+Click on a taskbar button: Open a program or quickly open another instance of a program.
* Ctrl+Shift+Click on a taskbar button: Open a program as an administrator.
* Shift+Right-click on a taskbar button: Show the window menu for the program (like XP does).
* Shift+Right-click on a grouped taskbar button: Show the window menu for the group.
* Ctrl+Click on a grouped taskbar button: Cycle through the windows of the group.
Here’s a few more interesting hotkeys for you:
* Ctrl+Shift+N: Creates a new folder in Windows Explorer.
* Alt+Up: Goes up a folder level in Windows Explorer.
* Alt+P: Toggles the preview pane in Windows Explorer.
* Shift+Right-Click on a file: Adds Copy as Path, which copies the path of a file to the clipboard.
* Shift+Right-Click on a file: Adds extra hidden items to the Send To menu.
* Shift+Right-Click on a folder: Adds Command Prompt Here, which lets you easily open a command prompt in that folder.
* Win+P: Adjust presentation settings for your display.
* Win+(+/-): Zoom in/out.
* Win+G: Cycle between the Windows Gadgets on your screen.