Current Affair: July 2010 updated
1. Who is the first Indian girl to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in Badminton?Answer: Saina NehwalBadminton ace Saina Nehwal to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. World No.2 Saina Nehwal has been chosen for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. Saina is the first Indian girl to reach the Olympics singles quarterfinals and the first Indian to win the World Junior Badminton Championships.
2. Who took charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner on July 30, 2010 ?Answer: S Y QuraishiS Y Quraishi takes charge as Chief Eelection CommissionerJuly 28, 2010:3. —————– famous Hindi actor who died with heart attack on July 28, 2010Answer: Ravi Baswani
4. ————- airliner from Karachi carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames densely wooded hills above IslamabadAnswer: Private airline Air Blue flightPakistani airliner carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames July 28, 2010 into densely wooded hills above Islamabad during heavy rain and poor visibility, leaving little hope of survivors.July 26, 2010:
5. Who was accused in Koda scam ?Answer: Diamond merchant Manoj PunamiaManoj Punamia one of the key accused in the Koda scam, was arrested on Saturday night July 24, 2010 at the Mumbai airport when he was returning from a foreign trip.
6. ————— is the missile that India successfully test-fired on July 26, 2010 .Answer: InterceptorIndia successfully test-fires interceptor missile. The indigenously developed interceptor missile, capable of destroying any in-coming hostile ballistic missile, was test-fired from the Integrated Test Range at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
7. Who is the Former Goa tourism minister ———— granted bail in a death case on ————- ?Answer: Former Goa tourism minister Mickky Pacheco, who was remanded to 14-day judicial custody in the Nadia Torrado death case, on July 26, 2010 Monday granted bail by a Goa court.