Currrent Affair: May, June, July 2010- India
1. Who is the Cricketer decided and wants to have his blood used on a page of his autobiography to be released in February next year (Feb 2011) ?
Answer: Batting star Sachin Tendulkar
2. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has granted bail to former Satyam managing director Rama Raju, former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas and three others accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam on —————–
Answer: July 20, 2010
2. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the Harvard University's history ?
Answer: Gita Gopinath
Noted academician Gita Gopinath has been named professor of economics at the prestigious Harvard University, becoming the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history.
3. Who was chargsheeted on July 20, 2010 for passing secret info to ISI ?
Answer: Madhuri Gupta
Delhi Police today chargesheeted disgraced diplomat Madhuri Gupta accusing her of passing secret information to Pakistan’s ISI during her posting in Islamabad. Gupta, who was arrested in April, has been accused of being in touch with two ISI officials, Mubshar Raza Rana and Jamshed.
4. ———————— seed extract has anti-diabetic properties says a pharmacology professor at the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine.
Answer: Cashew seed
Cashew tree products have long been alleged to be effective anti-inflammatory agents, counter high blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance among diabetics.
5. Who is the Former India hockey star attacked umpire ?
Answer: Sunil Ekka
Former India hockey player Sunil Ekka, playing for Army XI, lashed out with his hockey stick at veteran umpire RS Suriya Prakash, leaving the latter seriously injured.
6. Which are the two Trians rammed each other and met to Trian Accident which killed and injuried many people in West Bengal ?
Answer: Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express
60 people were killed and over 90 injured when a speeding Uttarbanga Express tore through the rear of Vananchal Express at the Sainthia station in Birbhum district of West Bengal. The train apparently overshot the signal.
7. Why did TDP made bandh on July 19, 2010 ?
Answer: TDP bandh was made to protest the arrest of party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who began a hunger strike against Maharashtra stopping his visit to the Babhli barrage site.
July 15, 2010:
8. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol represents ?
Answer: A mix of the Devanagri ‘Ra’ and Roman ‘R’, to become the fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity.
9. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol designed by _______________
Answer: IIT post-graduate D Uday Kumar
10. New Indian Rupee symbol has been revealed by Cabinet on ?
Answer: July 15, 2010
11. Who was Daya Nayak ?
Answer: Daya Nayak is Mumbai’s controversial police officer and encounter specialist.
12. What was The world’s only antivirus browser ?
Answer: Epic Browser
13. 2010 ESPY Award Winners (ESPN)
1. BEST MALE ATHLETE: Drew Brees, NFL
2. BEST FEMALE ATHLETE: Lindsey Vonn, Skiing
3. BEST PLAY: Brett Favre, Vikings
4. ESPY PERSEVERANCE AWARD: George Karl, Nuggets
5. BEST CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCE: Drew Brees
6. BEST BREAKTHROUGH ATHLETE: Chris Johnson, Tennessee
7. BEST RECORD-BREAKING PERFORMANCE: Isner vs. Mahut at Wimbledon
8. BEST UPSET: Northern Iowa shocks No. 1 Kansas, Men’s Basketball
9. BEST MOMENT: Landon Donovan World Cup vs. Algeria
10. BEST TEAM: New Orleans Saints
11. UNDER PRESSURE AWARD: Landon Donovan World Cup vs. Algeria
12. BEST SPORTS MOVIE: The Blind Side
13. BEST COACH/MANAGER: Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers
14. BEST NFL PLAYER: Drew Brees, New Orleans
15. BEST MLB PLAYER: Albert Pujols, St. Louis
16. BEST NBA PLAYER: Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
17. BEST DRIVER: Jimmie Johnson
18. BEST NBA PLAYER: Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
19. BEST WNBA PLAYER: Diana Taurasi, Phoenix
20. BEST FIGHTER: Floyd Mayweather
21. BEST MALE GOLFER: Phil Mickelson
22. BEST FEMALE GOLFER: Lorena Ochoa
23. BEST MALE TENNIS PLAYER: Roger Federer
24. BEST FEMALE TENNIS PLAYER: Serena Williams
25. BEST MALE COLLEGE ATHLETE: John Wall, Kentucky Basketball
26. BEST FEMALE COLLEGE ATHLETE: Maya Moore, Connecticut Women’s Basketball
27. BEST MALE ACTION SPORT ATHLETE: Shaun White, Snowboard
28. BEST FEMALE ACTION SPORT ATHLETE: Torah Bright, Snowboarding
29. BEST JOCKEY: Calvin Borel
30. BEST MALE ATHLETE WITH A DISABILITY: Steve Cash
31. BEST FEMALE ATHLETE WITH A DISABILITY: Amy Palmiero-Winters
32. BEST BOWLER: Walter Ray Williams Jr.
33. BEST MALE US OLYMPIC ATHLETE: Shaun White, Snowboarding
34. BEST FEMALE US OLYMPIC ATHLETE: Lindsey Vonn, Skiing
35. BEST MLS PLAYER: Landon Donovan, Los Angeles
36. BEST TRACK AND FIELD ATHLETE: Usain Bolt
14. Who recieved Arthur Ashe ESPY Courage Award in 2010 ?
Answer: Ed Thomas’s family
15. —————– is the youngest professor at IIT-B
Answer: Dr Tathagat Tulsi
Patna-born child prodigy Dr Tathagat Tulsi has taken up a job as professor at Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay at the age of 22.
16. Who was the Political leader recently booked in a Case/ scam?
Answer: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers
A case has been filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers in an alleged Rs 11,412 crore scam, involving irregularities related to fraudulent withdrawals and corruption.
17. Who is the winner of the Best Young Player Award award in fifa 2010 ?
Answer: Thomas MUELLER
24. Who has been elected as Man of the Match in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Andres INIESTA
18. —————— is the winner of the adidas Golden Glove award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Iker CASILLAS
19. Who is the winner of the adidas Golden Shoe award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Thomas MUELLER
20. ______________ is the winner of the adidas Golden Ball award in 2010 ?
Answer: Diego FORLAN
21. who took places of Runner-Up, third and Fourth Places in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
Answer: Runners-Up: Netherlands, Third: Germany, Fourth: Uruguay
22. Who won FIFA World Cup 2010 in final ?
Spain beat Holland 1-0 to win maiden FIFA World Cup 2010 Andres Iniesta secured the maiden World Cup for Spain by scoring the only goal of an enthralling final against the Netherlands four minutes from the end of extra-time.
23. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) launched ———- Vehicle with ———————- Satellites on July 12, 2010.
Answer: PSLV-C-15 Vehicle, 5 satellites
Isro launches PSLV-C-15 with 5 satellitesThe Indian Space Research Organization today launched the PSLV-C-15 carrying five satellites, including remote sensing Cartosat-2B, and Studsat, built by engineering students of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
24. Kadapa district named ———————-
Answer: YSR district
Andhra Pradesh government on July 8, 2010 renamed Kadapa district as YSR district on the birth anniversary of late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who was popularly known by his initials.
25. YS Rajeshekar Reddy birth anniversary is on ——————————
Answer: July 8
26. Who is the Congress MP high command warning resumed his controversial ‘Odarpu yatra’ in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh on July 8, 2010 ?
Answer: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy
26. Recently, who was the politician charged in anti-Sikh riots case ?
Answer: Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar
A Delhi court framed charges of murder and rioting against Senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar and others in connection with a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six persons were killed in Sultanpuri on july 7, 2010.
27. The holiday court concept was bring up by ?
Answer: Justice Eqbal
The holiday court concept was mooted by Justice Eqbal at the meeting of Union law minister M Veerappa Moily with Chief Justices and law secretaries from south India. Impressed, Moily said he would introduce it at the national level too.
28. As working couples are facing difficulties while fighting for divorce or child custody battles in family courts, the Madras High Court has announced ———————– will function in the city from ———————- .
Answer: “holiday courts” will function in the city from July 10, 2010.
29. Name the Jamaican triple Olympic champion who is going to retair on 2016 Olympics.
Answer: Usain Bolt
31. Who won Wimbledon mixed doubles title ?
Paes-Black won Wimbledon mixed doubles titleLeander Paes notched up his 12th Grand Slam title after he and Cara Black beat Wesley Moodie and Lisa Raymond 6-4, 7-6(5) to win the Wimbledon mixed doubles title.
32. Who was the cricketer recently got maaried on July 4, 2010 with his childhood girlfriend ?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Dhoni ties knot with longtime friend Sakshi in Dehradun on Sunday July 4, 2010 in a private ceremony attended only by family members and close friends, including a few of his team-mates.
33. Recently Bharat bandh in 2010 took place on ? why Bharat bandh is observing ?
Answer: Bharat Bandh took place on July 5 called by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) against price rise and announced for a 24-hour nationwide shutdown (Bharat Bandh).
34. Who reached WorldCup Semi finals in 2010 ?
Uruguay reached the World Cup semifinals for the first time since 1970, beating Ghana 4-2 on penalties.
35. When was IGI’s swanky Terminal 3 inaugurated and by whom ?
Answer: On July 3, 2010 Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated IGI’s swanky Terminal 3.
PM inaugurates IGI’s swanky Terminal 3The new terminal at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, the 6th largest in the world, can cater to 34 million passengers annually.
36. Who was the former minister surrenderd on July 3, 2010 in connection with the death case of Nadia Torrado (Friend) ?
Answer: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrenders on Nadia death case
Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrendersFormer Goa tourism minister Francisco “Mickky” Pacheco, charged with culpable homicide following the death of Nadia Torrado, was underground for nearly a month as the police began to look for him.
37. Which party demanded marriageable age of girls and boys to be lowered to 15 and 17 respectively in Haryana.
Answer: Jat Mahasabha, khap representative
According to Om Prakash Mann, Haryana president of All India Jat Mahasabha, the demand will be discussed at a sarv khap panchayat on July 17 at Meham Chaubisi Chabutara in Rohtak. The demand was raised at a meeting of khap representatives at Dhanana village.
38. Who was the IPL chief suspended and filed Rs 1200 crore fraud case by BCCI ?
Answer: Lalit Modi
39. One of the TRS MP arrested for alleged inflammatory speeches recently on July 2, 2010.
Answer: TRS MP Vijayashanthi arrested for alleged inflammatory speeches
40. Who awarded 13-time Grammy and two-times Oscar ?
Answer: Gustavo Santaolalla
41. Which Government banned a school textbook after growing outcry by Muslims over an “objectionable” illustration depicting about Prophet Mohammed ?
The Nepal government banned a school textbook after growing outcry by Muslims over an “objectionable” illustration depicting Prophet Mohammed as a woman-like figure and containing “erroneous interpretations” of Islam. Mohammad Nizamuddin, senior vice-president of the Muslim Association Nepal, said that the books gave wrong information about Prophet Mohammed, erroneously describing him as the “founder of Islam”.
42. Who was the first matriculate from the tribe in forests Orissa ?
Answer: Baya Mankidia
Baya Mankidia (16) trekked 13kms daily and fought odds to do Orissa’s Mankidia nomadic tribe.
43. In 2010 which was declared as the fourth best among the top 10 luxury trains of the world by the travel magazine Conde Nast.
Answer: Palace on Wheels
Palace on Wheels has been declared the fourth best among the top 10 luxury trains of the world by the travel magazine Conde Nast.
44. CEO of Deutsche Bank
Answer: Anshu Jain
45. Which country is planning to build the world’s largest seawater desalination plant ?
46. Recently Archaeologists have found a 3,500-year-old town buried under the earth in the country’s northeastern region
Answer: Egyptian town
Archaeologists have found a 3,500-year-old Egyptian town buried under the earth in the country’s northeastern region of the Nile delta.
47. Which Two Countries had started talks on N-Ties ?
Answer: India, S Korea
48. Housing scheme Sahbhagita Awas Yojna was officially launched by ?
Answer: CM Ashok Gehlot
The public-private partnership module for affordable housing scheme Sahbhagita Awas Yojna’, was officially launched on June 19, 2010.
49. AICC president Sonia Gandhi’ s Birthday is on ?
Answer: June 19
50. Who was the PM want to hold bilateral talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after the end of the G20 summit
Answer: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced on Friday he will hold bilateral talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after the end of the G20 summit.
51. Who are the persons have hands in Railway Recruitment Board 2010 Paper Leakage ?
Answer: The son of S M Sharma, chairman of the Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai, who allegedly used the funds acquired by leaking exam papers to buy a Mitsubishi Pajero. The other accused are A K Jagannathan, former assistant divisional rail manager, and his son Srujan.
52. Who was the Tollywood director recently married on June 18, 2010 ?
Answer: Tollywood director Surender Reddy
Recently Tollywood director Surender Reddy tied the knot with Deepa.
53. Who was the Bollywood Actress married at the age of 41 years on June 18, 2010 ?
The 41-year-old actress Manisha is set to tie the knot with businessman Samrat Dahal, 33.
54. What was the World Cup song in 2010 ? and by whom it was sanged ?
Answer: World Cup song “Waka Waka,”
World Cup song “Waka Waka,” was sang by Columbian pop queen Shakira and is to sing for a Bollywood film in future.
55. Which government has restricted access to the social networking site, Facebook, in Mantralaya.
Answer: The Maharashtra government has restricted access to the social networking site, Facebook, in Mantralaya.
India on June 18, 2010 successfully test-fired its indigenously developed, nuclear-capable, ballistic missile Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, about 15 km from here off the Orissa coast.
56. Which are the countries supported Chinese for IPO
Answer: Singapore, Kuwait and Qatar
Three countries-Singapore, Kuwait and Qatar-have come forward with offers to buy huge quantities of shares in the Agriculture Bank of China to help it become the world’s biggest IPO. They have made it possible for the Chinese bank to send out a reassuring signal to investors by booking about 20% of the $23 billion offer in advance.
57. Recent studies revealed that Neurological disorders and stunted growth in kids were improved or cured by Using …………… milk.
58. Which country is against Pak-China nuclear deal ?
59. Which was the Mobile Company who took more than 600,000 orders ?
Answer: iPhone 4
Apple Inc said that it and its phone company partners took orders for more than 600,000 iPhone 4s in one day, the highest number it’s ever seen. The companies stopped taking orders for shipment by the June 24 launch day in the US.
60. What was the campaign launched by CM Narendra Modi recently ?
Answer: Kanya Kelavni campaign from N Guj villages
The three-day long Swarnim Shala Pravesh Utsav began in the state on June 17, 2010 with chief minister Narendra Modi launching the Kanya Kelavni Abhiyan (campaign for educating girls) in the remote villages in Rupanivas Koreti and Mamana in Vav taluka in Banaskantha district.
61. Asia Cricket Cup 2010 was started on ?
Answer: June 15, 2010
The Asia Cup is an international One Day International cricket tournament. It was originally scheduled to be held every two years.
62. Which Teams has been Participating in Asia Cup 2010 Cricket Matches?
Answer: India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh
63. On whom Complaint filed in Bhopal gas case.
Answer: Arjun Singh
A complaint has been filed in a Bhopal court against ex-MP CM Arjun Singh for allegedly releasing Warren Anderson in a wrong manner after the gas tragedy.
64. Who won in Germany vs Australia fifa world cup 2010 ?
Answer: Germany won by 4-0 against Australia
65. Who was the Former Goa tourism minister was booked/ suspected for a womans death recently?
Answer: Mickky Pacheco
Former Goa tourism minister Francisco “Mickky” Pacheco was booked by the police on Thursday as the main accused in the ‘unnatural death’ of Nadia Joelle Torrado.
66. When did the Broadband spectrum auction ends and is the total revenue of the government from sale of spectrum for both 3G and BWA stands at ?
Answer: Broadband spectrum auction ended on June 11, 2010. Govt gets Rs 38,300 crore, The total revenue of the government from sale of spectrum for both 3G and BWA stands at over Rs 1.06 lakh crore, more than thrice the earlier projection of Rs 35,000 crore by the finance minister.
67. Whose death took place on the opening day of the World Cup (June 11, 2010) ?
Answer: Zenani Mandela,
The 13-year-old great grand daughter of South Africa’s iconic leader Nelson Mandela was killed in a car crash
68. Who has been presented the FIFA 2010 Song Waka Waka ?
Answer: The Colombian singer Shakira
69. Which country announced new flexible policy on sex change in passports?
Answer: US (Beginning from June 10, when an applicant presents a certification from an attending medical physician that the applicant has undergone clinical treatment for gender transition, the passport will reflect the new gender.)
70. When will 19th FIFA World Cup, the premier international football tournament is scheduled to take place?
Answer: from 11 June to 11 July 2010 in South Africa
71. What is the Official Song for FIFA world cup 2010 ?
Answer: Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) in English and “Waka Waka (Esto es África)” in Spanish
72. Winners of the Micromax IIFA Awards 2010
Answer: Best Film : Vidhu Vinod Chopra – 3 Idiots
Best Performance in a Leading Role (Male)
Amitabh Bachchan – Paa
Best Performance in a Leading Role (Female)
Kareena Kapoor – 3 Idiots & Vidya Balan – Paa
Best Direction :
Rajkumar Hirani – 3 Idiots
Best Performance in a Comic Role
Sanjay Dutt – All The Best
Best Performance in a Negative Role
Boman Irani – 3 Idiots
Best Performance in Supporting Role (Male)
Sharman Joshi – 3 Idiots
Best Performance in Supporting Role (Female)
Divya Dutta – Delhi 6
Best Debut of the year (Male)
Omi Vaidya – Jackie Bhagnani
Best Debut of the year (Female)
Jacqueline Fernandez – Mahie Gill
Best Playback Singer (Female)
Kavita Seth – Ek Tara (Wake Up Sid)
Best Playback Singer (Male)
Shaan – Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh (3 Idiots)
Best Music Direction
Pritam – Love Aaj Kal
Swanand Kirkire – 3 Idiots
Abhijat Joshi, Raj Kumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra – 3 Idiots
Habitat For Humanity Ambassadorship
IIFA outstanding contribution to Hindi Cinema (Male)
J. Om Prakash
IIFA outstanding contribution to Hindi Cinema (Female)
Outstanding Achievement by an Indian Internationally
IIFA Green Global Award
Technical Awards Winners
Abhijat Joshi, Rajkumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra (3 Idiots)
C.K. Muraleedharan (3 Idiots)
Rajkumar Hirani, Abhijat Joshi (3 Idiots)
Best Background Score
Sanjay Wandrekar, Atul Raninga, Shantanu Moitra (3 Idiots)
Rajkumar Hirani (3 Idiots)
Best Sound Recording
Bishwadeep Chatterjee, Nihal Ranjan Samel (3 Idiots)
Best Song Recording
Bishwadeep Chatterjee, Sachi K Sanghvi (3 Idiots)
Best Sound Re-recording
Anup Dev (3 Idiots)
Bosco Martis, Caesar Gonsalves (Love Aaj Kal)
Best Costume Designing
Anahita Shroff Adajania, Dolly Ahluwalia (Love Aaj Kal)
Best Art Direction
Sabu Cyril (Aladin)
Best Special Effects (Visual)
Charles Darby – Eyecube Labs (Aladin)
Shyam Kaushal (Kaminey)
Best Make up Artist
Christien Tinsley, Domini Till (Paa)
73. Who is the Malayalam novelist died recently on June 2, 2010 ?
Kovilan won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award in 1972 and 1977 and the Kendra Sahitya Akademi award in 1998 besides Vayalar award in 1999. He was also a member of the Kendra Sahitha Akademi.
Kovilan had written 11 novels 12 collections of short stories besides articles and a play. His novels includes, Thakarnna Haridayangal (1946), A minus B(1959), Tharavadu (1963), Ezhamedangal (1965), Thazhvarakal (1969), Thottangal (1970) and Thattakam (1995) among others.
74. Who won World Team Table Tennis Championship this year 2010?
Answer: C - Singapore end China’s 19-year reign in World Team Table Tennis Championship
75. Who was appointed as the officiating secretary of the Athletics Federation of India till the Commonwealth Games (October 30) ?
Answer: Ravinder Chaudhary
76. Name the singer who can sing in 11 languages!
May 31, 2010:
77. Who was the famous Indian musician in charge of the opening music at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996?
Answer: Ustad Zakir Hussain
78. Who was the first Indian to participate in the Olympic Games?
Answer: Norman G Pritchard
79. Which famous Indian actor was honored with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994?
Answer: Dilip Kumar
80. Who was the first Indian to join the Indian Civil Services?
Answer: Satyendranath Tagore
81. Who was the first Indian to be honored with the Param Vir Chakra?
Answer: Major Som Nath Sharma
May 30, 2010:
82. Name the first woman Chief Minister of India.
Answer: Sucheta Kriplani
83. Who was the first woman to become the Lt. General of the Indian Army?
Answer: Lt General (Mrs) Punita Arora
84. Name the first Indian who got an Oscar.
Answer: Bhanu Athaiya (Best Costume Designer for Richard Attenborough’s film Gandhi in 1982)
85. Who was the first Indian to be honored by the Royal Society in the field of Science?
Answer: Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose
86. Who was the first woman Governor of India?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
87. Who was the first Indian musician to receive the Padma Bhusan?
Answer: MS Subbulakshmi
88. Name the living Indian legend who has found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for having sung in almost 20 languages for over 1,825 ms and working with 165 composers.
Answer: Lata Mangeshkar
89. Name the first man to climb Mt. Everest without oxygen.
Answer: Phu Dorji
90. Who was the first Indian woman to swim across the English Channel?
Answer: Arati Saha
91. Who is the Indian sportsperson to have won the maximum number of international track and field medals?
92. Two Indians have received the Nobel Prize for Physics. Can you name them?
Answer: Chandrasekhar Venkata Raman (1930) and Subramanium Chandrasekhar (1983)
93. Who was the first Indian to get the Nobel Prize?
Answer: Rabindranath tagore (1913)
94. Who is the only Indian to have won an Oscar for lifetime achievement in films?
Answer: Satyajit Ray
95. Name the first President of India.
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
96. Name the youngest grandmaster in India.
Answer: Parimarjan Negi
97. Topper of prestigious IIT-Joint Entrance Examination 2010.
Answer: Anumula Jithendar Reddy from Madras zone
98. Which are the BRIC countries?
a. Brazil, Russia, India, and China
b. Botswana, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, and Croatia
c. Bangladesh, Romania, Indonesia, and Cambodia
Answer: a – Brazil, Russia, India, and China
99. Name the Cyclone that hit Bay of Bengal in May 2010 affecting coastal areas of Tamilnadu, AP and Orissa.
Answer: Cyclone Laila
100. Which Indian film-maker will be awarded with Jaeger-LeCoultre honour at venice Film Festival?
Answer: Mani Ratnam
101. Name the CEO of search company Google?
Answer: Eric Schmidt
102. ICICI Bank has announced merger of another Indian Bank with itself in an all swap deal- name the bank and its promoters.
Answer: Bank of Rajasthan / Promoters – Tayal family
103. Name the BBC Radio DJ who has been suspended for floating the rumor that Queen is dead.
Answer: Danny Kelly who has played the national anthem and declared that Queen Elizabeth has just now died
104. Which two countries have signed the Nuclear Swap deal with Iran?
Answer: Brazil and Turkey
105. Which country has blocked Facebook for holding an online competition to draw Prophet Mohammed
Answer: Pakistan – the Facebook in Pakistan has been blocked till 31 May as the competition is considered blasphamous
106. Which state among the northern Indian states spends most as a percentage of its GDP on Education?
Answer: Bihar (5.7%) followed by UP (3.67%)
107. Name the person of Indian origin (PIO) who has been nominated to become US Solicitor General?
Answer: Neal Kumar Katyal
108. The 3G telecom auctions by Government have earned Government much more than expected 35000 crore netting amount 67710 crore. Which company won auction in most of 22 circles? (a) RCom (b) Airtel (c) Vodaphone (d) Aircel (e) a,b,d (f) all above
Answer: (e) a,b,d - RCom, Airtel and Aircel won in 12 circles followd by Vodaphone in 9 circles
109. Who is Miss USA 2010?
Answer: Rima Fakih, Arab-American a 24-year old Lebanese immigrant, is believed to be the first Muslim to win the pageant
110. Name the child artist who has been nominated under ‘Best actor’ category in Film-fare awards giving competition to Shah Rukh Khan. His new movie Bumm Bumm Bole has been released recently.
Answer: Darsheel Safary
111. Which country won the Thomas Cup title for Badminton in 2010? – (a) Indonesia (b) Malaysia (c) China (d) India
China beat Indonesia 3-0 to win fourth consecutive Thomas Cup title at Kuala Lumpur.
112. Who won the Madrid Masters men’s tournament in 2010?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open an ATP World Tour Masters with €2,835,000 prize money has been won by Rafael Nadal, who beat Roger Federer 6-2, 7-6 (7/5).
113. Which country won the World Twenty-20 cricket final?
England beat arch rivals Australia
114. Who is CEO of Yahoo?
Answer: Carol Bartz
61- year-old Carol Bartz is one of the most successful female CEO ever in IT companies.
115. Which Indian IT company is associated with FIFA World Cup 2010 as one of the sponsors? (a) TCS (b) Infosys (c) CTS (d) Mahindra Satyam
Answer: (d) Mahindra Satyam
116. Name the first Indian women who has been named as full professor at Harward University.
Answer: Gita Gopinath
Gita Gopinath, Indian-origin associate professor at Harvard University’s Department of Economics, has been appointed a full professor. She is first Indian women to do so and only third women in the whole world.
117. Name the Hindu right wing organisation against whom the charges have been filed by National Investigation Agency (NIA) for the 2009 Diwali-eve blast that killed two people in Goa’s Margao town.
Answer: Sanatan Sanstha
118. Which Indian actress / model has created controversy recently by sporting a Ek Onkar (God is one) tattoo on her nape. The tatto has been opposed by Sikh community leaders in India.
Answer: Mandira Bedi
119. Name the volcano whose dense cloud of drifting volcanic ash is causing many European airports to shut down for days and affecting air traffic worldwide.
The April 14 eruption at Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokul volcano forced most countries in northern Europe to shut their airspace between April 15-20. More than 100,000 flights and an estimated 10 million travelers worldwide were affected costing airlines more than $2 billion.
It erupted in April for the first time in nearly two centuries. During its last eruption, starting in 1821, its emissions rumbled on for two years.
120. Who was India’s most wanted man suspected of having organized the 1993 Mumbai bombings, figures third on the Forbes’ Most Wanted Fugitives list topped?
Answer: Dawood Ibrahim
121. Name the countries which agree on a nuclear fuel swap aimed at easing concerns from the West that Iran might build a bomb.
Answer: Brazil, Iran and Turkey
122. Who is the new director of barc?
Answer: RK sinha appointed as new director of barc
123. Who was the 11th Vice-President of India who passed away recently on May 15, 2010?
Answer: Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, 87-year-old Bhairon Singh Shekhawat was died suffering from lung and chest infection
124. Popular South Indian actress who is willing to join DMK Party?
125. Who Named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year(R) 2010 Award Finalist for Northern California ?
Answer: Roamware CEO Bobby Srinivasan, Bobby Srinivasan was selected as a finalist for his extraordinary success in the areas of innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities from more than one hundred nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award recipients will be announced at a special gala event on June 12, 2010 at the San Jose Fairmont Hotel.
126. Who is the latest actress who refused to work with Shiney Ahuja the actor allegedly accused for raping his maid.
Answer: Vaishali Desai in film Shaunya a horror flick produced by Puja Bedi. Vaishali Desai is a former Miss India and has made her debut in Kal Kissne Dekha opposite Jackie Bhagnani.
127. Which Team won the Europa League Title?
Answer: Atletico Madrid won the inaugural final of the Europa League on defeating Fulham at Hamburg. Diego Forlan struck an extra-time goal and secured a 2-1 win.
128. Which Company has started up a BPO in Srinagar starting reverse migration of Kashmir?
Answer: Essar Group-run Aegis has started a BPO in Srinagar
129. Name the company from whose premises toxic leak happened in one of the worst industrial disasters called Bhopal gas tragedy.
Answer: Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) (now defunct)
130.Who received 27th Niwano Peace Foundation award on May 13, 2010?
Answer: Ms. Ela Ramesh Bhatt of Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) India who has received a medal and twenty million yen.
The Niwano Peace Foundation Japan established the Niwano Peace Prize to honor and encourage individuals and organizations that have contributed significantly to inter-religious cooperation, thereby furthering the cause of world peace, and to make their achievements known as widely as possible.
131. Name the president of MCI – Medical Council of India who is facing graft charges and has to resign.
Answer: Ketan Desai
Ketan Desai was arrested on April 22 by CBI for allegedly accepting bribe to give permission to a Punjab medical college to recruit a fresh batch of students without having requisite infrastructure. MCI controlls Medical Education in India.
132. Who was the only surviving terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, and is found guilty of murder, conspiracy, and waging war against India recently?
Answer: Ajmal Kasab of Pakistan
133. Who is the IAS Topper in UPSC Civil Services Exam 2010 which has been released by UPSC recently?
Answer: SHAH FAESAL
Dr Faesal 26-year-old MBBS graduate, who topped the list of 875 successful candidates, said that he was not only the first Kashmiri to achieve the milestone but also the second Muslim in the history to achieve this feat.
134. Who is the Union minister who has offered to resign for his controversial remarks against the home ministry for allegedly stalling some Chinese imports?
Answer: Jairam Ramesh
135. What is the real name of character artiste ‘Sambha‘ from super hit film of all times ‘Sholey‘ who passed away recently.
Answer: Mac Mohan
Apart from Sholey Mac Mohan also acted in Amitabh starrers like “Zanjeer”, “Don”, “Shaan” and “Satte Pe Satta”. He was suffering from lung cancer.
136. What is the name of panel that is being setup to look into Telangana issue?
Answer: Srikrishna committee
Srikrishna committee or panel has been set up to study the demand for separate Telangana
137. Who has issued fatwa – saying that it is illegal for women to work?
Answer: Darul Uloom Deoband
Darul Uloom Deoband the Sunni Muslim seminary had this fatwa issued by a bench of three clerics
138. What is Khap Panchayat?
Answer: Khap panchayats or caste councils are the local Panchayat’s in Haryana villages which have come into lime light due to their diktats (or fatwa) prohibiting same ‘gotra’ marriages’. They are run as a separate courts or adalats where judgement are given by Khap Panchs. The Hindu Marriage Act however does not prohibits same caste marriage. Most political parties support Khap Panchayats.
139. Who is the new IPL Commissionaire?
Answer: Chirayu Amin
Chirayu Amin has joined as the new IPL commissioner after the removal of lalit Modi. Mr. Amin is Baroda Cricket Association president and he also heads a company known as Alembic Chemicals.
140. Who is the British Prime Minister after Gordon Brown?
Answer: David Cameron
The 43-year-old Cameron becomes Britain’s youngest prime minister in almost 200 years. The last was Lord Liverpool at 42.
141. Who is the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice S H Kapadia,
Justice S H Kapadia (62-year-old), the most senior judge of the Supreme Court, was on Wednesday sworn in as the 38th Chief Justice of India by President Pratibha Patil
142. Who won World Chess Championship against Veselin Topalov in 2010?
Answer: Viswanathan Anand