QUANTITATIVE TEST : BANK PO/MBA/BANK CLERK
1. A trader sells his goods at a discount of 20 per cent. He still makes a profit of 25 per cent. If he sells the goods at the marked price only, his profit will be
(a) 56.25 per cent
(b) 25.56 per cent
(c) 50.25 per cent
(d) 54.25 per cent
2. The total surface area of a metallic hemisphere is 1848 cm2 . The hemisphere is melted to form a solid right circular cone. If the radius of the base of the cone is the same as the radius of the hemisphere, its height is
(a) 21 cm.
(b) 26 cm.
(c) 28 cm.
(d) 30 cm.
3. A circle is inscribed in an equilateral triangle of side 8 cm. The area of the portion between the triangle and the circle is
(a) 11 sq. cm.
(b) 10.95 sq. cm.
(c) 10 sq. cm
(d) 10.50 sq. cm
4. A cone, a hemisphere and a cylinder stand on equal bases and have the same height. The ratio of their respective volumes is
5. The difference between a discount of 40 per cent on Rs. 500 and two successive discounts of 36 per cent and 4 per cent on the same amount is
(b) Rs. 1.93
(c) Rs. 2.00
(d) Rs. 7.20
6. If a discount of 20 per cent on the marked price of a shirt saves a man Rs. 150, how much did he pay for the shirt?
(a) Rs. 600
(b) Rs. 650
(c) Rs. 500
(d) Rs. 620
7. In a cricket match the total number of runs scored by Sachin, Vinod and Saurav is 285. The ratio of the number of runs scored by Sachin and Saurav is 3:2 and that of the runs scored by Sourav and Vinod is also 3:2. The number of runs scored by Sachin in that match is
8. If A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 4:5, then A:B:C is
9. If two times of A is equal to three times of B and also equal to four times of C, then A:B:C is
10. In a bag, there are three types of coins- rupee, 50-paise and 25-paise in the ratio 3:8:20. Their total value is Rs. 372. The total number of coins is
11. 5 years ago, the average age of A,B,C and D was 45 years. With E joining them now, the average of all the five is 49 years. How old is E?
(a) 25 years
(b) 40 years
(c) 45 years
(d) 64 years.
12. 200 liters of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 17:3. After the addition of
some more milk to it, the ratio of milk of water in the resulting mixture becomes 7:1. The quantity of milk added it was
(a) 20 liters.
(b) 40 liters.
(c) 60 liters.
(d) 80 liters.
13. Two trains A and B are running at the speeds of 45 KMPH and 25 KMPH respectively in the same direction. The faster train i.e. train A crosses a Man sitting in the slower train B in 18 secs. Find the length of the train A?
(A) 100 metres
(B) 120 metres
(C) 150 meters
(D) 180 meters
14. The least number, which is a perfect square and is divisible by each of the numbers 16,20 and 24, is
15. The L.C.M. of the two numbers is 45 times their H.C.F. If one of the numbers is 125 and the sum of H.C.F. and L.C.M. is 1150, the other number is
16.The sum of two 2-digit numbers is 132. If their H.C.F. is 11, the numbers are -
(a) 55, 77
(b) 44, 88
(c) 33, 99
17. The average of 30 numbers is 15. The average of the first 18 numbers is 10 and that of next 11 numbers is 20. The last number is
18. If (a-b) is 6 more than (c+d) and (a+b) 3 is less than (c-d), then (a-c) is
19. In a test, a student got 30 per cent marks and failed. In the same test, another student got 40 per cent marks and secured 25 marks more than the essential minimum pass mark. The maximum marks for the test were
20. 200 liters of a mixture contains 15 per cent water and the rest is milk. The amount of milk that must be added so that the resulting mixture contains 87.5 per cent milk is
(a) 30 liters.
(b) 35 liters.
(c) 40 liters.
(d) 45 liters.
21. A man sold two chairs at Rs. 1,200 each. On one hand he gained 20 per cent and on other he lost 20 per cent. His gain or loss in the whole transaction is
(a) 1 per cent loss.
(b) 2 per cent loss.
(c) 4 per cent loss.
(d) 1 per cent gain.
22. If the angles of a triangle are in the ratio 1:2:7 then the triangle is ______
(A) acute angled
(B) obtuse angled
(C) right angled
23. Two sides of a triangle are 8cm and 11cm then the possible third side is____
(A) 1 cm
(B) 2 cm
(C) 3 cm
(D) 4 cm
24. If the circumference of a circle is increased by 50 per cent, then the area will be increased by -
(a) 50 per cent
(b) 75 per cent
(c) 100 per cent
(d) 125 per cent
25. A , B and C enter into a partnership. A contributes Rs. 3,20,000 for 4 months, B contributes Rs. 5,10,000 for 3 months and C contributes Rs. 2,70,000 for 5 months. If the total profit be Rs. 1,24,800, then A’s share of profit is
(a) Rs. 38,400
(b) Rs. 45,900
(c) Rs. 40,500
(d) Rs. 41,500
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (a) 4. (d) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7. (d) 8. (d) 9. (b)
10. (c) 11. (b) 12. (c) 13. (d) 14. (c) 15. (c) 16. (c) 17. (a)
18. (a) 19. (c) 20. (c) 21. (c) 22. (b) 23. (d) 24. (a) 25. (d)