BANK PO GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER
1. In the absence of both the President and the Vice-President, who shall act as the President of India?
(b)Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(c)Chief Justice of India
(d)Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
2. Who among the following advocated Scientific Socialism?
(b)Proudhon Pierre Joseph
(d)Saint Simon Henri Claude
3. During the Mughal period, which one of the following trades were the first to come to India?
4. Among the following States, which one sends the highest number of members to the Lok Sabha?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
5. With reference to the Indian Parliament, consider the following statements :
1. A member of the Lok Sabha cannot be arrested by the police under any case when the Parliament is in session.
2. Members of the Indian Parliament have the privilege of exemption from attendance as witnesses in the law courts.
Which of these statement is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
6. Who among the following was appointed by Ashoka to administer justice in his empire?
7. Consider the following statement :
1. Jainism in ancient India condemned the varna system.
2. Jain religious literature was written in Ardhamgadhi.
3. Mahavira admitted women into the order of his follows.
Which if these statement is/are correct ?
(a) G. G. Agarkar
(b) M. G. Ranade
(c) R. G. Bhandarkar
(d) G. H. Deshmukh
8. Who among the following was the author of Rajtarangini, commonly regarded as the first genuine history of India written by an Indian?
9. Who among the following was the first economist to hold the office of Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs in the Union Finance Ministry?
(a) Dr. I.G. Patel
(b) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(c) Rakesh Mohan
(d) Dr. M.S. Ahluwalia
10.What does the abbreviation ATR stand for?
(a) Action Taken Result
(b) Actually True Report
(c) Action Taken Report
(d) Action Taken Rejoinder
11. Which of the following cities will host 2012 Olympics Games?
(b) New York
12. Why among the following was the founder of the Nyay Darshan, on of the six, major schools of ancient Indian philosophy?
13. Which of the following companies has started a rural marketing network called "e-chaupal"?
(c) Hindustan Lever
(d) Procter & Gamble
14. Th e decision to from the Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauj) was taken at :
(c) Kuala Lumpur
15. Th e decision to from the Indian National Army (Azad Hind Fauj) was taken at :
(c) Kuala Lumpur
16. Give the correct chronological sequence of the following :
1. Russian Revolution
2. American War of Independence
3. Spanish Revolution
4. The French Revolution
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 2 4 3 1
(c) 2 1 4 3
(d) 4 2 3 1
17. Which of the following States has the highest female literacy rate, according to 2001 Census?
(c) Tamil Nadu
18. Who among the following has been choosen the FDI Personality of the Year 2007 in Asia?
(a) P. Chidambaram
(b) Kamal Nath
(c) Ratish Nayaar
(d) Kaushik Rai
19. At which of the following places India's fist Net Route Server has been set up?
20. Which of the following Fortune 500 Indian companies has suffered loss for the first time in the first quarter of 2005-06? (a) Indian Oil Corporation
(c) Reliance Industries
(d) Bharat Petroleum Corporation
21. Answers Correct Answer User Answer
(a) V.K. Duggal
(b) Jairam Ramesh
(c) Dr. I.G. Patel
22. Which one of the following is not a land-locked country?
(b ) Nepal
23. Who invented polio vaccine (oral)?
(a) Albert Sabin
(c) Luise Pasture
(d) Jonas Salk
24. Which one of the following processes is not related with chemical weathering?
25. Mist is caused by :
(a) Dry ice
(b) Ice at low temperature
(c) Water vapours at low temperature
(d) Carbon-monoxide in solid form