Expected Questions for Forthcomming MBA / RRB / DATA Entry Operator / LIC Assistant Recruitment /SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2008
1. Percentage of carbon in steel ranges from -
(a) 0.1 to 1.5
(b) 1.5 to 3.0
(c) 3.0 to 4.0
(d) 4.0 to 6.0
2. Which of the following is the smallest constituency in terms of area ?
(a) Chandani Chawk (Delhi)
(b) Sadar (Delhi)
(c) Kolkata North West
(d) Mumbai South
3. Which of the following Articles in the Indian Constitution deals with formation of new States —and alteration of areas, boundaries and names of existing States?
(a) Article 1
(b) Article 2
(c) Article 3
(d) Article 4
4. The most literate Union Territory in India is -
5. The world's highest water fall is in :
6. Which one of the following countries has the oldest operating oil refinery ?
7. A factory for the processing of monazite has been constructed at:
8. With reference to the human consumption of alcohol, consider the following statements:
1. Liver is able to synthesize fats from alcohol.
2. Alcohol addiction results in the lowering of blood sugar.
3. In the Cirrhosis of liver, the liver cells are replaced by fibrous tissue.
4. In the liver, alcohol is converted into acetic acid.
Which of these statements are correct?
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 1, 2 and 3
9. Consider the following forms of iron:
1. Pig iron
2. Wrought iron
3. Cast iron
What is the sequence of these in terms of descending order of their carbon content?
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 1, 3, 2
(c) 3, 2, 1
(d) 3, 1, 2
10. Among the following languages, which one has the highest number of speakers in the world?
11. The political leader Ajit Panja belongs to:
(a) Indian National Congress
(b) Loktantrik Congress
(c) Nationalist Congress Party
(d) Trinamool Congress
12. If a person first inspires with his utmost effort and then expires also with maximum effort, the volume of air breathed out is called the:
(a) Expiratory Reserve Volume
(b) Inspiratory Reserve Volume
(c) Tidal Volume
(d) Vital Capacity
13. In the map given above, the shaded area represents the grasslands locally known as:
14. Consider the following dynasties :
What is the correct chronological sequence of these dynasties?
(a) 2, 1, 3, 4
(b) 4, 3, 2, 1
(c) 1, 2, 3, 4
(d) 3, 4, 1, 2
15. The largest fresh water Lake in the world is:
16. The Vice-President of India is elected by:
(a) Members of Rajya Sabha only
(b) Members of the Lok Sabha only
(c) Members of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
(d) Members of the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and State Legislatures
17. The Constitution of India describes India as:
(a) a federation of States
(b) Union of States
(c) Confederation of States
(d) a Unitary State
18. The product of the pressure and the volume of an ideal gas is:
(a) a constant
(b) approximately equal to the universal gas constant
(c) directly proportional to its temperature
(d) inversely proportional to its temperature
19. With reference to Satavahanas of ancient India, consider the following statements:
1. King Simuka was succeeded by his brother Kanha.
2. The third king Satakarni was the son of Simuka.
3. Gautamiputra was succeeded by Yajna Sri Satakarni.
Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 3 only
20. The port especially developed for exporting iron ore to Japan is:
(b) New Tuticorin
21. Which of the following carries out 'Open Market Operations'?
(a) Finance Ministry (b) External Affairs Ministry
(c) Reserve Bank of India (d) Planning Commission
22. United Nations' Second World Conference on Ageing was held in April 2002 in:
23. Crayfish and Silverfish actually belong to the phylum:
(a) Arthropoda (b) Amphibia
(c) Erachnida (d) Mollusca
24. Who among the following has been awarded Padma Bhushan recently?
(a) Robert D. Blackwill
(b) Bill Clinton
(c) Frank Pallone
(d) Christina Rocca
25. Holding of elections for the Panchayats is decided by:
(a) the Election Commission
(b) the State Government
(c) the District Magistrate
(d) the Union Government
26. Which one of the following is connected to a galvanometer when it is converted into an ammeter?
(a) Low resistance in series
(b) High resistance in series
(c) Low resistance in parallel
(d) High resistance in parallel
27. In which one of the following soils is Saffron grown?
28. The volcano Mt Vesuvius is in:
29. In the human body, Henle's loop is found in:
(a) Intestine (b) Kidney (c) Ovary (d) Testis
30. Ashok Shandilya is a professional player of:
31. Magnesium is present in:
(a) ascorbic acid
(d) Vitamin B12
32. Who among the following are more in number in the world?
33. Which one of the following was the eighth five year plan period in India?
(a) 1990-1995(b) 1992-1997
(c) 1993-1998(d) 1994-1999
34. India's Foreign Exchange Reserves at present in $ billions are:
(a) more than 65
(b) between 50 and 65
(c) between 35 and 50
(d) less than 35
The following 7 (Seven) items consist of two statements, one labelled as 'Assertion (A)' and the other labelled as 'Reason (R)'. You are to examine these two statements carefully and decide if the 'Assertion (A)' and the 'Reason (R)' are individually true and if so, whether the 'Reason (R)' is the correct explanation for the given 'Assertion (A)'. Select your answers to these items using the codes given below and mark your answer sheet accordingly:
(a) Both A and R are individually true and R is the correct explanation of A
(b) Both A and R are individually true but R is NOT the correct explanation of A
(c) A is true but R is false
(d) A is false but R is true
35.Assertion (A) : Chandragupta Maurya failed in his first campaign against Magadh.
Reason (R) : He did not begin with the frontiers, but invaded the heart of Magadh.
36. Assertion (A) : The Ganga Plain is the most densely populated part of India.
Reason (R) : The Ganga is the most harnessed river of India.
37. Assertion (A) : Graphite is used as a lubricant in machine industry.
Reason (R) : Graphite is soft and a good conductor of heat.
38. Assertion (A) : When a piece of rock is brought from the moon to the earth its mass changes.
Reason (R) : The gravitational pull of earth is stronger than that of moon.
39. Assertion (A) : Quit India Movement could not achieve its goal.
Reason (R) : The government of the day adopted a very repressive policy.
40. Assertion (A) : In the initial stages of the rise of Buddhism, the people of Magadha did not respond readily to the new religion.
Reason (R) : At that time, Magadha was placed outside the pale of the holy Aryavarta.
41. Assertion (A) : Jayachandra did not help Prithiviraj Chauhan in his war against Shahabuddin Ghori.
Reason (R) : He thought if the power of Chauhans were destroyed it would clear the way for his own supremacy in the North.
42. The Purusha Sukta which refers to the origin of caste is found in:
(a) the Atharva Veda
(b) the Rig Veda
(c) the Sama Veda
(d) the Yajur Veda
43. The song "Bande Mataram" was originally composed in:
44. Which one of the following countries was never taken over by any European power as a colony?
(a) Brunei (b) Indonesia (c) Thailand
45. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Mahendravarman I : Sanchi Stupa
(b) Pulakesin II : Rameswaram temple
(c) Harsha : Brahadisvara temple
(d) Rajendra I : Gangaikonda Cholapuram temple
46. Match List I (Institutes) with List II (Locations) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists:
List I List II
A. National Council of Applied Manpower Research 1. Pune
B. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research 2. New Delhi
C. Centre for Development Studies 3. Mumbai
D. Gokhale Institute of Political Economy 4. Thiruvananthapuram
A B C D
(a) 1 4 3 2
(b) 2 4 3 1
(c) 2 3 4 1
(d) 1 3 4 2
47. Among the following Union Territories of India, which one has the largest size?
(c) Daman and Diu
48. Consider the following Companies/Corporations:
1. Engineers India Ltd.
2. Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd.
3. Rural Electrification Corporation
4. Water and Power Consultancy Services
Which of these are Public Sector Undertakings?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 4
(c) 2, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
49. Consider the following mountain ranges:
1. Ladakh Range
3. Greater Himalayas
4. Zanskar Range
What is the correct sequence of these from south to north?
(a) 3, 4, 1, 2
(b) 3, 1, 4, 2
(c) 4, 2, 3, 1
(d) 4, 3, 2, 1
50. Which is the anti -coagulant substance in blood ?
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (c)6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (a)
11. (d) 12. (c) 13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (d)16. (c) 17. (b) 18. (a) 19. (c) 20. (c)
21. (c) 22. (b) 23. (a) 24. (c) 25. (a)26. (c) 27. (b) 28. (b) 29. (b) 30. (a)
31. (a) 32. (b) 33. (b) 34. (b) 35. (d)36. (b) 37. (d) 38. (a) 39. (a) 40. (a)
41. (a) 42. (b) 43. (b) 44. (a) 45. (d)46. (c) 47. (a) 48. (d) 49. (a) 50. (b)