Psychology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - I)
Psychology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - I)
Candidates should attempt Questions 1 and 5 which are compulsory and any three of the remaining questions selecting at least one question from each Section.
(b) Is it necessary to conceptualize self as a determinant of behaviour besides heredity and environment ? Give real life examples to support your contention.
(c) Explain the scanning and the focusing strategies in attainment of concepts.
(d) Give your arguments in support of claiming psychology a science.
2. Why is psychological experiment described as observation under controlled conditions ? Explain, with illustration, the difference between control-groups and within-subjects designs of experiment.
3. What are perceptual styles ? Evaluate attempts to conceptualise them as personality variables.
4. Describe, in brief, the typical classical and operant conditioning experiments. Comment on the nature of reinforcement in the two. Are they basically different ?
(b) State and evaluate the Drive-reduction theory of motivation. Has it any relevance to homeostasis?
(c) Discuss the importance of military psychology highlighting the functions of psychologists in the aviation sphere.
(d) Can attitudes be changed ? Discuss the factors to be considered in changing attitudes.
6. Explain the concept of intelligence quotient. Has it outlived its utility for explaining individual differences ? Is the concept of emotional quotient (EQ) more useful in this regard ?
7. Elucidate Freud's conceptualization of human personality. discuss its implications for counselling therapy.
8. Elucidate the main features of Skinner's and Chomsky's theory of language development and indicate their application.
Psychology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - II)
(b) Discuss the common characteristics of psychopathic personality.
(c) Discuss the techniques of motivating industrial employees with particular reference to Herzberg's theory of work motivation.
(d) Briefly discuss the major theoretical explanations for group formation in the organization set-up.
2. Describe Beck's cognitive behaviour therapy for the treatment of depression.
3. What is social change ? Describe the relevant psychological factors that need to be considered while planning for social change.
4. Discuss the relevance of traditional and modern participative management techniques in the Indian industry.
(b) Discuss the socio-cultural approaches for understanding the origins of ethnic prejudice and discrimination.
(c) Enumerate the methods for improving the effectiveness of upward communication in the organization.
(d) Mention the physical, psychological and behavioural consequences of stress.
6. Describe the specific socio-cultural deprivation of Tribals of India as a socially and culturally disadvantage group.
7. Critically evaluate McClelland's 'achievement motivation theory' and discuss its relevance in the Indian context.
8. Discuss the relative effectiveness of mass media in creating social awareness and social chang
- Civil Services (Pre) Exam, 2009 : Solved Pape
- UPSC Mains Geography Previous Year Question Paper (1994)
- UPSC GENERAL AWARENESS SAMPLE QUESTION PAPERS (SOLVED)
- U.P. PCS Combined State/Lower Subordinate Services Special (Pre.) Exam : Solved Paper
- Mock Test - General Studies Prelim 2007 (Set - 5)
- Sample Paper Of Examination For ASSISTANT SALESMAN (Kerala PSC)
- Anthropology - Civil Services Examination - 1997 (Main) (Paper I & II)
- Sample Paper Of Examination For D. E. O. (District Educational Officer) (Kerala PSC)
- UPSC- IAS MAIN HISTORY (2007) Paper- II
- Uttar Pradesh P.C.S. (Mains) Exam GS Solved Paper