Sociology - Civil Services Examination - 1997 (Main) (Paper I & II)
Sociology - 1997 (Main) (Paper - I)
Candidates should attempt Questions 1 and 5 which are compulsory, and any three of the remaining questions, selecting at least one question from each Section. .All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION - A
1. Write short notes on any three of the following (each answer should not exceed 200 words) : (a) Sociology as an interpretative discipline
(b) A good hypothesis
(d) Types of mobility
2. Is it possible to study social phenomenon scientifically ? Give a critical answer.
3. Critically examine Max Weber's theory of social action and its limitations.
4. Discuss Talcott Parsons' contribution to the analysis of social system.
(b) Concept of social movement
(c) Role of education in social development
(d) Industrialization and social change
6. "Education is an instrument of social control and social change," Critically examine the statement.
7. What are the problems of universalisation of primary education ? Discuss fully.
8. Explain the concept of social change. Critically examine the contribution of Karl Marx's theory of social change.
Sociology - 1997 (Main) (Paper - II)
(b) Industrial class structure in India
(c) Impact of Islam on Indian society
(d) Social consequences of occupational diversification
2. Outline the social factors related to generation gap. How has the generation gap led to the problems of youth unrest ?
3. Describe the sociocultural background of the political elites of contemporary India. What has been the influence of their background on their political orientations ?
4. Caste is becoming weaker and stronger at the same time in present day India. ' Discuss the factors responsible for continuity and change.
(a) Social profile of slums
(b) Social dimensions of drug addiction
(c) Issues of tribal identity
(d) Communal tensions in India
6. Describe the role played by education in social mobility.
7. What changes have taken place in the tribal social stratification pattern in recent times ? Describe the factors responsible for these changes.
8. Describe the factors related to social movements. In the light of these factors explain the emergence of peasant movement in India.
- C.S.E. ZOOLOGY SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- CIVIL SERVICES PSYCHOLOGY MAINS 2000 QUESTION PAPER-I&II
- Public Administration - Civil Services Examination - 2002 (Main) (Paper I & II)
- Sample Paper Of Examination For Motor Mechanic (Ground Water)
- UPSC: IAS MAIN - 2007 Paper- I (SOCIOLOGY)
- Mock Test - General Studies Prelim 2007 (Set - 8)
- English - Civil Services Examination - 2000 (Main) (Compulsory)
- Bihar Public Service Commission Model Test Paper 2008 (SOLVED)
- UPSC Mains Geography Previous Year Question Paper (1986)
- UPSC Mains Geography Previous Year Question Paper (1992)