Sociology - Civil Services Examination - 1999 (Main) (Paper I & II)
Sociology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - I)
Candidates should attempt Question 1 and 5 which are compulsory, and any three of the remaining questions selecting at least one question from each Section. All questions carry equal marks.
(b) Role conf1ict as a source of deviation
(c) Limitations of questionnaire as a technique of data collection
(d) Gemeinschaft and Gesselschaft types of communities
2. How would you distinguish between the stratified and the unstratified social positions ? What explanation would you profer for the universal existence of the social stratification in human society?
3. Elaborate on the social necessity of religion. Discuss the relationship between religion and science.
4. Social control is more a matter of conviction than that of coercion. Comment. Discuss the role of ideology in social control.
(b) Impact of the democratic political system on the traditional social structure
(c) Social structure and Anomie
(d) Functional problems of the social system
6. Discuss the nature and characteristics of social mobility. Can the nature and the rate of social mobility be treated as an index of economic development ? Comment.
7. Bring out the commonality between a social movement and a revolution. Would you agree with the view that each revolution is preceded by a social movement ? Give reasons.
8. Elaborate on the concept of structural change. Discuss the endogenic factors of structural change in a society, with suitable examples.
Sociology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - II)
(b) National Unity
(c) Total Literacy Campaign (TLC)
(d) Peasant Society
2. Discuss 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendments with reference to decentralization of power.
3. What is meant by privatization and how could it effect economic reforms in India ?
4. What do you mean by 'Green Revolution' and what are its socio-economic consequences ? Discuss.
(c) Naxalbari Movement
(d) Dowry as a social problem
6. Define religious minority. Discuss the problems of religious minorities in India.
7. Slums are scars on the social fabric. How can these scars be removed ?
8. How is modernization an agent of change ? Discuss its positive and negative aspects.
- IFS : Public Administration - 2003 (Main) 1st And 2nd Paper
- UPSC Mains Geography Previous Year Question Paper (1982)
- UP PCS Special (Pre) Exam, 2008 : Public Administration
- Jharkhand PCS Civil Judge Jun. Div. Munsif (Pre) Exam, 2008 : Solved Paper
- G.I.C. (General Insurance Corporation Of India) Assistant Mananger Exam 2008 Solved Paper
- Mock Test - General Studies Prelim 2007 (Set - 5)
- CSE : General Studies CSE Preliminary Examination (1998)
- West Bengal P.C.S. Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Exam Solved Paper- 2008
- ISS - Indian Statistical Service General English Previous Year Paper (2001)
- Anthropology - Civil Services Examination - 1998 (Main) (Paper I & II)