Anthropology - Civil Services Examination - 1999 (Main) (Paper I & II)
Anthropology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - I)
Candidates should attempt questions from Section I and EITHER from Section II (a) OR Section II (b) according to instruction given under each Section. Answer six questions in all.
(a) Action anthropology
(b) Fossil men
(c) Carbon dating method
2. Discuss the relationship of anthropology with psychology and medicine.
3. Critically comment on the forces and factors that have brought about changes in the family structure in recent times.
4. Describe any chaleolithic site in India with particular reference to industry and town planning.
5. Discuss some of the characteristic features of tribal religions in India and state how far have they changed in recent times.
Section II (a)
(b) Racial criteria
(c) Molecular evolution
7. Discuss the application of human genetics in the field of forensic science and diagnosis and treatment of genetic disorders.
8. What is meant by physical growth norms ? How are these made and how do they depict the growth status of a population ?
9. Discuss the mechanism by which the human body adapts to altitudinal changes and other geographical stresses.
10. Discuss the role of twins in nature-nurture problems and illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
Section II (b)
(a) Social structure
(c) Culture trait and Culture complex
12. What is meant by functionalism ? Discuss the basic tenets of Malinowski's functionalism.
13. Discuss the different theories which explain social and cultural changes.
14. Discuss the contribution of field work in the development of anthropological concepts and theories.
15. Discuss the contributions of Ralph Linton, Core-Du- Bois and Abraham Kardiner in the study of personality.
Anthropology - 1999 (Main) (Paper - II)
(b) Great Traditions
(c) Sacred Complex
(d) Dominant Caste
2. Critically examine various sources of India's culture and civilization. Also distinguish between primary and secondary civilization.
3. Point out the salient features of traditional joint family system in India. Trace causes for its disintegration in recent decades.
4. Distinguish between sanskritization and desanskritization. Critically examine impact of sanskritization on social mobility in India.
(a) Tribal Sub-Plan
(b) Sustainable Development
(d) Land Alienation in tribal India
6. Critically examine the forest policy in India right since the British period. Discuss its impact on tribal people.
7. Bring out, with suitable examples, the constraints of educational development of tribal communities in India. Suggest remedial measures in this context.
8. Discuss the problem of tribal displacement in India. To what extent, are development policies responsible for such displacement ? Also explain the role of NGOs in providing the remedial measures to the affected people.
- UPSC Public Administration Model Test Paper 2008 (SOLVED)
- UP PCS Combined State Exam : Solved Paper
- ISS - Indian Statistical Service General English Previous Year Paper (2001)
- Model Test Paper ForCivil Services (Pre) Examination 2009 - Part - 3
- Geography - 2000 Mains (Paper - II)
- Psychology - 2000 (Main) (Paper - I & II)
- History Of Indian Tricolor
- General Studies - 2000 (Main) (Paper - I) & (Paper - II)
- IFS : Public Administration - 2003 (Main) 1st And 2nd Paper
- IFS : Public Administration - 1998 (Main) 1st And 2nd Paper