IAS GEOGRAPHY MAIN - 2007 I-II
IAS GEOGRAPHY MAIN - 2007 I-II
(ix) Lake Victoria
(x) Cape Town
(xi) Niger Delta
2. Discuss the development of local winds, and their influence on local weather, giving three examples of the well-known local winds in the world. (60)
3. Discuss the different bases for classifying the ocean deposits and give a detailed account of pelagic Deposits of the Oceans. (60)
5. Write short notes on any three of the following in about 200 words each: (20x3=60)
(ii) Dualism in Geography
(iii) Eustatic changes of Sea-level
(iv) Delineation of Urban Fringe
6. Explain the concept of sustainable development and propose a model for agricultural development. (60)
7. Give an account of the functional bases of central place hierarchy. (60)
8. Write a note on the parameters used to describe the demographic transitions in the developing countries like India. (60)
INSTRUCTIONS Candidates should attempt all question strictly in accordance with the instructions given under each questions. The number of marks carried by each question is indicated at the end of the question. Illustrate your answers with suitable sketch map and diagrams.
Candidates should attempt all question strictly in accordance with the instructions given under each questions.
The number of marks carried by each question is indicated at the end of the question. Illustrate your answers
with suitable sketch map and diagrams.
1. Mark on the outline map of India supplied any ten of the following entries. Write brief notes (not exceeding
30 words each) on the significant aspects of the same ten entries: (6x10=60)
(a). Nagarjuna Sagar
(d). Konkan Railway
(e). Kovalam Beach
(f). NagaIjuna Sagar
(g). Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
(i). Vishakhapatnam Port
(k). Nuclear Fuel Complex
(m). Bodh Gaya
2. Explain the different views put forth about the origin of Himalayas and divide Himalayas into vertical divisions. (60)
3. Discuss the need of conservation and utility of water resource in India. (60)
4."The institutional factors have grip over the crop pattern and crop productivity on Indian agriculture." Justify. (60)
5. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each: (20x3=60)
a) Discuss the policies and programmes of Integrated Rural Development Programmes in India.
(b) Explain the causes and consequences of migration.
(e) Write a critical note on the Cauvery River Dispute.
(d) Critically examine the Panchayati Raj setup.
6. Bring out the impact of multinationals and liberalization on the Industrial Economy Pattern of India. (60)
7. Discuss environmental problems of India in the context of rapid economic development and population growth. (60)
8."Slums are urban menace." Elucidate with Indian cities as examples. (60)
- UPSC MODEL PAPER PATTERN 2008-09 (General Ability, General Medicine, Paediatrics) Paper - 4
- ISS - Indian Statistical Service General Knowledge Previous Year Paper (1998)
- Jharkhand PCS Civil Judge Jun. Div. Munsif (Pre) Exam, 2008 : Solved Paper
- Sample Paper Of Examination For Junior Health Inspector "Grade - 2" (Kerala PSC)
- Psychology - 2000 (Main) (Paper - I & II)
- Sample Paper Of Examination For Excise Inspector (Kerala PSC)
- Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) Exam, 2006 : Commerce
- IES General Ability Previous Year Paper (2008)
- Test Paper Based On Current Affairs For Civil Services (Pre) Examination 2009
- CIVIL SERVICES EXAM PSYCHOLOGY MAINS 1999 PAPER I & II