Model Tests for IAS-Prelims History Test Part - 1
1. Hoysala monuments are found in
Hampi and Hospet
Halebid and Belur
Mysore and Bangalore
Sringeri and Dharwar
2. Which one of the following Muslim rulers was hailed as the 'Jagadguru' by his Muslim subjects because of his belief in secularism?
Ibrahim Adil Shah
3. 'Abinava Bharat' a secret society of revolutionaries was organised by
4. The redical wing of the Congress Party with Jawaharlal Nehru as one of its main leaders, founded the 'Independence for India League' in opposition to
the Gandhi-Irwch Pact
the Home Rule Movement
the Nehru Report
the Montford reforms
5. According to Mimamsa system of philosophy liberation is possible by means of
6. Who among the following anticipated Newton by declaring that all things gravitate to the earth ?
7. With reference to Sufism in Indian history, consider the following statements :
Shaikh Ahmad Sarhandi was a contemporary of Ibrahim Lodi.
Shaikh Nasiruddin Chirg-I-Dehlavi was disciple of Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya.
Aurangzeb was a contemporary of Shaikh Salim Chisti.
The Qadiri order of Sufis was first introduced in India by Shaikh Niamtullah and Makhdum Muhammad Jilani.
8. The following persons came to India at one time or another. 1. Fa-Hien 2. I-Tsing 3. Megasthenese 4. Hieun-Tsang The correct chronological sequence of their visits is
3, 1, 2, 4
3, 1, 4, 2
1, 3, 2, 4
1, 3, 4, 2
9. The first feature film (talkie) to be produced in India was
10. There was no independent development of industries in India during British rule because of the
absence of heavy industries
scarcity of foreign capital
scarcity of natural resources
preference of the rich to invest in land