Model Tests for IAS-Prelims Geography Test Part - 2
1. Which one of the following ports of India handles the highest tonnage of import cargo?
2. The minimum land area recommended for forest cover to maintain proper ecological balance in India is
3. Which one of the following statements is correct?
Kacchativu and Tin Bigha were territories acquired by the Indian Republic from the French
Kacchativu and Tin Bigha are territories handed over to Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi sovereighty respectively by the Government of India.
Kacchatiuv and Tin Bigha are areas that were annexed by the Chinese in the 1962 Sino-Indian War
Kacchativu and Tin Bigha are enclaves which were transferred to India by lease arrangements with Sri Lanka and Pakistan respectively
4. Which one of the following weather conditions is indicated by a sudden fall in barometer reading?
Cold and dry weather
Hot and sunny weather.
5. Cloudy nights are warmer compared to clear cloudless nights, because clouds
perevent cold waves from the sky from descending on earth
reflect back the heat given off by earth.
produce hear and radiate it towards earth.
absorb heat from the atmosphere and send it towards earth.
6. Consider the following statements regarding the earthquakes: 1. The intensity of earthquake is measured on Mercalli Scale. 2. The magnitude of an earthquake is a measure of energy released. 3. Earthquake magniitudes are based on direct measurements of the amplitude of seismic waves. 4. In the Richter Scale, each whole number demonstrates a hundredfold increase in the amount of energy released. Which of these statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3
2, 3 and 4
1 and 4
1 and 3
7. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in increasing order of molecular weights of the hydrocarbons?
Methane, ethane, propane and butane
Propane, butane, ethane and methane
Butane, ethane, propane and methane
Butane, propane, ethane and methane
8. Consider the following statements: 1. Most magmas are a combination of liquid, soild and gas 2. Water vapour and carbon dioxide are the principal gases dissolved in a magma. 3. Basaltic magma is hotter than the silicic magma. 4. The magma solidified between sedimentary rocks in a horizontal position is known as dike. Which of these statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3
2, 3 and 4
1 and 4
1, 2 and 4
9. An aero plane takes off from 30 deg North Lat., 50 deg East Long., and lands at the opposite end of the earth. Where does it land?
30 deg North Lat., 50 deg West Long.
30 deg South Lat., 50 deg West Long.
50 deg North Lat., 30 deg West Long.
30 deg South Lat., 130 deg West Long.
10. Transchart is the
chartering wing of the Ministry of Surface Transport
container service established by Indian Railways
training institute of maritime studies and research
passenger insurance scheme of Indian Railways