Model Tests for IAS-Prelims Geography Test Part - 1
1. Which one of the following mountain ranges is spread over only one State in India?
2. The Palk Bay lies between.
Gulf of Kachchh and Gulf of Khambhat.
Gulf fo Mannar and Bay of Bengal.
Lakshadweep and Maldive Islands.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
3. Which one of the following areas of India produces largest amount of cotton?
North western India and Gangetic West Bengal
North western and western India
Western and southern India
Plains of northern India
4. Local supply of coal is not available to
5. "From Aceh in the far north west to Torres Strait in the east is 5000 miles, almost as far as from London to Baghdad. The archipelago has 14,000 islands, some mere equatorial rocks, others some of the largest in the world." This description best fits
6. Which one of the following is cultivated by transplanting seedlings?
7. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
Teak : Jammu and Kashmir
Deodar : Madhya Pradesh
Sandalwood : Kerala
Sundari : West Bengal
8. The canal-carrying capacity of Farrakka is
9. Which one of the following factors is reponsible for the change in the regular direction of the ocean currents in the Indian Ocean?
Indian Ocean is 'half an ocean
Indian Ocean has Monsoon drift
Indian Ocean is a land-locked ocean
Indian Ocean has greater variation in salinity
10. Consider the following natural phenimena : 1. Terrestrial heating 2. Reflection of light 3. Refraction of light 4. Diffraction of light Due to which of these phenomena is mirage formed?
1 and 2
2, 3 and 4
1 and 3