UPSC (PT) CURRENT AFFAIRS (I)
1. What was renamed as Rajiv Gandhi National Park?
2. She was the first woman president of the INC and the first woman Governor of India. Who?
2. Sarojini Naidu
3. He was the first Indian to be the member of the British Parliament and President of INC thrice. Who?
3. Dadabhai Naoroji
4. Her real name was Agnes Gonha Bojaxhiu. She won a Nobel Prize in 1979 and died in 1997 and before her death said â€˜Love others as I have loved youâ€™.Who?
4. Mother Teresa
5. The foremost Maratha patriot, his real name was Ramachandra Pandurang. He got his nickname from the fact that he was in charge of the firing of cannons. Who?
5. Tantya Tope
6. This place gets its name because it was here that Lakshmana cut of the nose of Shurpanakha. Which place?
7. When Ravana set fire to Hanumanâ€™s tail, he set fire to entire Lanka. How was the fire put out?
7. Ravana played the Amruthavarshini raga on his Veena and brought forth rain
8. What was the principle of peace and friendship enunciated by Nehru called?
9. Two famous Indian cricketers starred in a movie called â€˜Kabhi Ajnabi Theâ€™. Who?
9. Syed Kirmani and Sandeep Patil
10. According to Hindu myth who was the first mortal to die?
11. In the Mahabharatha other than the Kauravas who else had a 100 brothers?
12. Whose residence is called â€˜Matushriâ€™?
12. Bal Thackeray
13. What does the M.F. in M.F.Hussainâ€™s name stand for?
13. Maqbool Fida
14. What well known verse is actually part of an over all poem titled â€˜Bharat Vidhathaâ€™?
14. Jana Gana Mana
15. Who sang the theme song of Franceâ€™98?
15. Ricky MArtin
16. Whose last words were â€˜Donâ€™t worry, relaxâ€™?
16. Rajiv Gandhi
17. Who is the only Indian to win a Grand Slam title?
17. Mahesh Bhupati
18. Which place would be the Indian equivalent of the Pakistani Chagai Hills?
19. What is common to Clinic All Clear, Pepsi, Nippo, Reebok?
19. Rahul Dravid endorses all of them
20. Who made the popular T.V. serial Malgudi Days?
20. Shankar Nag
21. Who owns a little known software company in Bangalore called Dâ€™nâ€™A Systems?
21. Anil Kumble
22. He calls his dog Chewbacca Khan. He won the Sword of Honour in the 12th std. At St. Columbus, Delhi. He made his debut on television as a soldier. Who?
22. Shahrukh Khan
23. In restaurants today, the computerised bill is heavily in use. The items are often abbreviated. If you found MS Dos written on your bill what would you have eaten?
23. Masala Dosa
24. Created by Tnoshiro Honda and Eiji Tsukusuya it was named after a workman at Toho studios in Tokyo. Radioactive and 164 foot high, it breathes fire and made its way to the cover of TIME and Newsweek in the 60s. What?
25. If you went to Ooty and asked for a â€œFilmi Chakkarâ€Э what would you get?
25. A tour of the locations where movies are shot in Ooty
26. This manâ€™s first direct contribution to the test field was a leg-break over where he gave nine runs. The place was Port of Spain in 1971. Who?
26. Sunil Gavaskar
27. Which vehicle has the registration no. NCC 1701?
27. Star Trek Enterprise
28. It is called the Hoysala in Bangalore. What is it in Mysore?
29. What is the duck that appears on Channel 9â€™s cricket scorecards called?
30. What would you find at 1600, Pennsylvania Avenue?
30. The White House
31. Who is the daughter of Fred and Wilma Flintstone?
32. It made its first appearance in the New York Times supplement in 1913. What?
32. The Crossword
33. He is the son of accomplished choreographer Sundaram Master. He made his first on screen appearanceas an extra in a song in the movie â€˜Agni Nakshatramâ€™. Who?
34. What does the 31 in Baskin Robbins 31 signify?
34. That it is available in 31 favours
35. His residence is called â€œNeverland Ranchâ€™. His autobiography is titled Moonwalk. Who?
35. Michael JAckson
36. What is common to Rajnikanth, Johnny Walker, John Major?
36. All were bus conductors at some point of time
37. In the Bofors case who was nicknamed â€˜Lotusâ€™?
37. Rajiv Gandhi
38. His heir apparent Baby was killed a year ago. His brother Arjunan and his two associates Ayyandorai and Karanangalur Ramaswamy committed suicide. Who?
39. Which brandâ€™s new adline is â€˜I Canâ€™?
40. Which cricketer is nicknamed â€˜Jammyâ€™ because his father used to work in Kissan?
40. Rahul Dravid