UPSC (PT) CURRENT AFFAIRS (II)
41. His middle name is Fauntleroy. His fatherâ€™s name is Quackmore. Who?
41. Donald Duck
42. He made his debut as a stunt double for Bruce Lee because Lee refused to jump from 30 feet for a sequence. Who?
42. Jackie Chan
43. Who is the only real life character to appear in Tintin comics?
43. Al Capone
44. Who was the target of the Jackal in the â€˜Day of the Jackalâ€™?
44. Charles De GAulle
45. One of the two main components of the dowry given by Catherine Braganza to Charles I was the Moroccan city of Tangiers. What was the other?
46. Abandoned in front of a cathedral, he was brought up by a priest. His name in Latin means â€˜half formedâ€™. He became the church bell ringer by the age of 14 and lost his hearing as a result. He was dubbed theâ€™Pope of Foolsâ€™. Who?
46. Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame
47. Which animal gets its name, from Tamil, because it supposedly has the strength to kill an elephant?
48. What does the NE in the Premier 118 NE stand for?
48. Nissan Engine
49. Under what category does the Guinness Book of Records enter itself?
49. As the most stolen book from Libraries
50. This linguist knows 13 languages. He recently released a semi-autobiography titled â€˜The Insiderâ€™. Who?
50. P.V. Narasimha Rao
51. The video of which recent chartbuster is based on Indiana Jones?
51. Aquaâ€™s Dr. Jones
52. Who represents the constituency of Gurdaspur in the current Lok Sabha?
52. Vinod Khanna
53. His father was the dreaded dacoit Bhairav Singh. He is the founder chief of the Citizens Security Force. Who?
54. Who would you find with Raveena Tandon on the cover of the latest issue(Aug 9 of Filmfare?
54. Ricky MArtin
55. Which popular comic character made his first appearance in Pep Comics No. 22 in Dec 1941?
56. What did the Romanian Govt. ban in 1935 saying that it frightened children?
56. Mickey Mouse
57. Who wrote romantic novels under the pen name Mary Clarissa Westmacott?
57. Agatha Christie
58. What was the football world cup trophy called before it was renamed the FIFA trophy?
58. Jules Rimet Cup
59. If you were â€˜oscitatingâ€™ what would you be doing?
59. Walking backwards
60. Who, at a Nobel awards banquet, wished that the dinner could have been packed and carried to the more needy back home?
60. Mother TEresa
61. India is developing an ICBM called Surya and also an underwater missile. What is it called?
62. Who is the host of a new Star Plus chat show called â€œNot a nice man to knowâ€Э which is also the title ofhis autobiography?
62. Kushwant Singh
63. In Hindu myth it is referred to as the Pralaya, in Christianity as Armageddon. What is it referred to as in Islam?
64. A famous lexicographer upon being approached by a lady thanking him for omitting 4-letter words from his dictionary, is said to have replied with consternation â€œ So you have been looking for them madamâ€Э. Who?
64. Noah Webster
65. What is the German word for â€˜storeâ€™ or â€˜storehouseâ€™?
65. Lager, therefore Lager beer
66. If your IQ is below 20, you are an â€˜idiotâ€™, if it is between 20 and 49 you are an â€˜imbecileâ€™. What are you if it is between 50 and 69?
67. What is a â€˜Mexican breakfastâ€™?
67. A glass of water with a cigarette
68. In the world of Indian fiction, who won the â€˜All India Rifle Competitionâ€™ in 1975?
69. â€œWe contemplate the ultimate reality which is in the earth, the sky, the heaven,Let us bring our minds to meditate in the glory of the divine earth. May truth inspire our reflectionâ€œ. This is the last prayer of a cult. Which one?
69. Heavenâ€™s Gate
70. Which sportsmanâ€™s name is a corruption of the title â€˜Ayo Deleâ€™ which means â€˜Joy in the houseâ€™ and was bestowed upon him by his Nigerian father while it got corrupted due to a mispronunciation by his Scottish mother?
70. Daley Thompson
71. In Greek myth when Theseus offered to kill the Minotaur, Ariadne, Daughter of the King of Crete gave him a thread to help him find his way back from the Minotaurâ€™s dwelling. What word came into English language from this?
72. What commodity was originally called a â€˜delirious drugâ€™ in France and â€˜a product that causes the shrivelled look of the orientâ€™ in Germany?
73. Where in the world would you find the only digital Rolex clock?
73. Wimbledon Centre Court
74. She works 10-12 hours a day. She smokes 5 packets of cigarettes a day while working. She is the daughter of the renowned poet, Manish Ghatak and niece of director Ritwik Ghatak. She runs a tribal welfare organisation called â€˜Paschim Bangla Keriya Sabar Kalyan Samitiâ€™. Who?
74. Mahashweta Devi
75. â€˜RUPTUREWORTâ€™ is the largest word that can be made from the letters on the first row of a typewriter. What is the second largest?
76. What is the female equivalent of a â€˜runwayâ€™?
77. The fusion of the Chinese â€˜Yinâ€™ and â€˜Yangâ€™ is the symbol of which organisation in India?
78. Who is the first Indian to be appointed the Master of the Trinity College at Oxford?
78. Amartya Sen, now Nobel laureate
79. What did Winston Churchill describe as â€˜an ineffectual attempt to direct an uncontrollable object into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill-adapted for the purposeâ€™?
80. In Table Tennis a ball is so spun on the table that the opponent does not reach it. This inspired a person named Bosanquet to invent something. What?
80. The Googly in cricket