COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION 2008 (Held on 17-02-2008)
1. Who of the following is the Chairman of the 13th Finance Commission?
(a) Vijay Tendulkar
(b) M. Dt!modaran
(c) Vijay Kelkar
(d) Y. V. Reddy
5. Consider the following statements:
1. Currently three waterways have been declared as the National Waterways of India.
2. The Sadiya-Dhubri stretch of river Brahmaputra is the longest National Waterway.
Which of the following statements given above is correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
6. Consider the following statements:
1. BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) is visualized as a bridging link between ASEAN and SAARC.
2.It was formerly known as the Bangkok Agreement.
Which of the statements above is/are correct?
a. 1 OnIy
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
7. Who is the Chairman of Second administrative Reforms CommissIon?
(a ) Bimal Jalan
(b) Dr. Karan Singh
(c) M.Veerappa Moily
(d) Ahmed Patel
8. Which one of the following is not a member of ASEAN?
(d) South Korea
9. Dr. C. Rangarajan Committee is associated with which one of the following?
a. Pricing and Taxation of Petroleum Products
b. Estimation of National Income
c. Tax Structure
d. Estimation of Money Supply
10.Where is the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) located?
11.What is 'Super 30 l' ?
(a) A name of modern computer
(b) A new variety of wheat
(c)American Trade Law
(d) A new vaccine for AIDS
12. Who is the Managing Director IMF?
(d) Alberto Foutana
13. Which one of the following sites of the Indus valley Civilization had an ancient dockyard?
14. How many hours of daylight does the equator experience on September equinox?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 9 hours
(c) 10 hours
(d) 12 hours
15. What is the period covered by the recommendations of the 12th Finance Commission?
16. Which one of the following is not identified by Central Pollution Control Board as heavily polluting industry?
(a) Pulp and Paper
17. Consider the following statements:
1. The Golden Quadrilateral connects the four major cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
2. The North-South Corridor will pass through Hyderabad.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
c.Both 1 and 2
d.Neither 1 nor 2
18. Among the following, which Mughal Emperor introduced the policy of Sulh-i-kul ?
19. Who built the Ibadatkhana at Fatehpur Sikri?
20. Malik Kafur was whose General?
(c) Muhammad bin Tughluq
(d) Firoz Shah Tughluq
21. Among the following, who is given the credit of carrying Jainism in South India?
22. Which one of the following is not a feature of North Indian temple architecture?
(b) Garbha Griha
23. Which one of the following was the capital of Hoysalas?
24. What is the correct chronological order in which the following kings ruled in India?
2. Mahapadma Nanda
3. Kanishka I
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a. 1-2-3- 4
25. Who of the following revolutionaries set up the United India House in the USA?
(a) Ramnath Puri and Vir Savarkar
(b) Taraknath Das and G. D. Kumar
(c) Lala Hardayal and Bhagat Singh
(d) Harnam Singh and Bhagwan Singh
26. With reference to Indian freedom struggle, who among the following was labelled as 'Moderate' leader in the congress?
a.Gopal Krishna Gokhale
b.Bipin Chandra Pal
c.Lala Lajpat Rai
27. During Indian freedom struggle, which one of the following happened earliest
(b) Gaya Session of Congress
(c) Tripuri Session of Congress
(d) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
28. The Rani Jhansi Regiment, the Women's Regiment of the Azad Hind Fauj, was under whose command?
c.Aruna Asaf Ali
Ans (d)29. What was the reason or ground for the British Empire to annex Sambalpur in 1850?
(a) Lack f proper governance
(b) Death of its ruler without any heir
(c) Subsidiary Alliance
(d) Its involvement in a conspiracy against British Rule
30. At which of its Session, did the Congress officially accept the 'socialistic pattern of society'?
(a)Nagpur Session of 1959
(b) Avadi Session of 1955
(c) Bombay Session of 1953
(d) Calcutta Session of 1957