IAS Exam 2008 GS Prelims Answers Set -3
1) What is Bisphenol A (BPA)?
Ans:- A chemical used for the development of food-packaging materials
2) March 1, 2008 was Saturday. Which day was it on March 1, 2002?
3) In August 2006, the Government of India notified the Rural Electrification Policy. This policy aims at provision of access to all households by which year?
4) As per India's National Population Policy, 2000, by which one of the following years is it our long-term objective to achieve population stabilization?
5) What is the number of spokes in the Dharmachakra in the National Flag of India?
6) Consider the following pairs :
Tributary River : Main River
1. Chambal : Narmada
2. Sone : Yamuna
3. Manas : Brahmaputra
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
Ans:- 3 only
7) In which of the following kinds of organisms is the phenomenon found wherein the female kills the male after copulation?
8) For which one of the following snakes is the diet mainly composed of other snakes?
Ans:- King Cobra
9) What is the pH level of blood of a normal person?
Ans:- 7.35 - 7.45
10) Yom Kippur War was fought between which sides/countries?
Ans:- Israel, and Arab countries led by Egypt and Syria
11) How is Sarosh Zaiwalla well-known as?
Ans:- A leading international legal expert
12) Where are the Tapovan and Vishnugarh Hydroelectric Projects located?
13) Kim Dae-jung won the Nobel Prize for Peace. He is from which one of the following countries?
Ans:- South Korea
14) Ogaden region has been a source of conflict between which countries?
Ans:- Ethiopia and Somalia
15) Who among the following scientists shared the Nobel Prize in Physics with his son?
Ans:- William Henry Bragg