IAS Exam 2008 GS Prelims Answers Set -1
1) How much is one barrel of oil approximately equal to?
Ans:- 159 liters
2) Which of the following is also called Stranger Gas?
3) What are Rubies and Sapphires chemically known as?
Ans:- Aluminium Oxide
4) With which one of the following is the BRIT (Government of India) engaged?
Ans:- Isotope Technology
5) What does S & P 500 relate to?
Ans:- An index of stocks of large companies
6) With which one of the following rivers is the Omkareshwar project associated?
7) In the context of Indian defence, what is 'Dhruv'?
Ans:- Advanced light helicopter
8) 'Hand-in-Hand 2007' a joint anti-terrorism military training was held by the officers of the Indian Army and officers of Army of which one of the following countries?
9) Consider the following statements:
1. Chikmagalur is well known for sugar production
2. Mandya is well known as a coffee producing region.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Ans:- Neither 1 or 2
10) What is Agent Orange?
Ans:- A weed-killing chemical used by the US military in the Vietnam War
11) In which one of the following locations is the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) project to be built?
Ans:- Southern France
12) Elizabeth Hawley is well-known for her writings relating to which one of the following?
Ans:- Himalayan expeditions
13) Among the following, which one is not an ape?
14) Nobel Prize winning scientist James D Watson is known for his work in which area?
15) In the series AABABCABCDABCDE...... which letter occupies the 100th position?