CSE Pre Exam Solved Paper: Psychology Year 2009
CSE Pre Exam Solved Paper: Psychology Year 2009
1. Which one of the following is not a model of representational knowledge?
2. Primary memory deals with
3. Recency effect in free recall decreases with increase in
4. Consider the following statements regarding STM and LTM. Which one of the following statements is not correct in this regard?
5. Which one of the following terms denotes that memories of threatening experiences or events are sometimes pushed into unconscious?
6. A mnemonic device that involves forming a term using the first letter of a word which is to be recalled, is known as:
7. Consider the following statements :
Which of the above correctly define natural concepts
8. Which one of the following procedures best supports the heuristic approach of problem-solving?
9. Which one of the following groups of factor does not tend to reduce our reasoning ability effectively?
10. Consider the following pairs :
Which of the above pairs are correctly matched?
11.Match List-I with List-II and select the correct ANSWER using the code given below the Lists :
12.Consider the following:
Which of the above are the dimensions of J. P. Guilford's cubical model of intelligence?
13. Consider the following sub-tests:
Which of the above sub-tests are included in the Wechsler Adult Performance Scale?
14.Which one of the following makes the difference between test construction and standardization?
15.Raven's Standard Progressive Matrices provide a direct measure of
16.Which one of the following intelligence tests is most widely/ more frequently used for diagnostic purpose?
17.Relationship of distal to proximal representations of an object, indicating the degree to which physical attributes determine any given perception, is known as
18.The tendency to perceive an object in its entirety even when some details are missing, is known as the law of
19.Which one of the following is not a cue for depth perception?
20.Match List-I with List-II and select the correct ANSWER using the code given below the Lists:
21.The moon at the horizon looks bigger than the moon at the zenith, because the perceived distance at the horizon is greater than at the zenith. It supports the
22.Following a head injury, a victim's performance dropped in a language test but not in a spatial test. This may be due to a possible injury in the following brain area
23.Research findings have demonstrated that we tend to perceive our own behaviour as stemming largely from situational factors, but that of others as primarily the result of internal dispositions or characteristics. This phenomenon is known
24.Which one of the following is a form of conditioning in which the presentation of the unconditioned stimulus precedes and does not overlap with the presentation of conditioned stimulus?
25. When an animal is exposed to conflicting stimuli of excitation and inhibition in classical conditioning, it results in
26.A psychologist investigating child abuse wants to test the hypothesis that those parents who abuse their children were themselves mistreated by their parents when they were younger. Which one of the following methods is suitable for this purpose?
27.Consider the following;
Which of the above are related to observational method of data collection?
28.Among the following, which one is quite different from the rest?
29.Motivational explanations of the self-serving bias explain it as an attempt to
30.Perceptual vigilance and perceptual defence are related to which one of the following?
31.Consider the following Schedules :
Which of the above Schedules lead to faster extinction?
32.In one type of conditioning, the CS is presented and terminated before the UCS onset. This type of conditioning is called
33.An individual of 30 years of age was administered Stanford-Binet test of intelligence. His mental age was found to be 15 years. His IQ on this test is
34.When the interpolated learning tends to interfere with previous learning, it is known as:
35.Which one of the following factors has been recently included in the Planning Attention-Arousal Simultaneous and Successive (PASS) theory of intelligence?
36.According to the Triarchic theory of intelligence, a person high on 'Componential Intelligence' would excel in which major area?
37.Consider the following pairs :
Which of theabovepairsare correctly matched?
38.Counter-stereotypic inference can be effective in reducing
39.The major steps followed in the preparation of Thurstone's Attitude Scale are listed below :
What is the correct sequence of the above in the preparation of the Thurs tone-type Attitude Scale?
40.Bipolar adjectives are used in which one of the following scales?
- IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Commerce & Accountancy (1997)
- IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Sociology (1990)
- IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Anthropology (1998)
- IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Philosophy (1990)
- IAS Previous Year Test Papers
- IAS Mains Previous Years Paper : Public Administration (1984)
- IAS Mains Previous Years Paper : Political Science (1980)
- ISS - Indian Statistical Service General Studies Previous Year Paper (2003)
- IAS Mains Previous Years Paper : Public Administration (2002)
- IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Geology (1994)