R.A.S./R.T.S. Prelim Examination Solved Question Paper (GK & General Science) (Held on 7-1-2009)
51. Tick mark which is incorrect about NREGA—
(A) This Act spells out the type of works which are permitted
(B) Like in other government programmes transparency and accountability is also not possible in this programme
(C) This Act specifies the individual works but only for the scheduled castes and tribes below the poverty line
(D) The guarantee of •274 year employment during a year is possibly the most important feature of this Act.
52. Mahajanpad situated on the bank of river Godavari was—
53. Which mineral is found in Nathra-ki-Pal area of Rajasthan ?
(A) Iron ore
(C) Lead and Zinc
54. One of the following sites from where the famous Bull-seal of Indus Valley Civilization was found—
55. Tick mark which is incorrect about inflation—
(A) Inflation indicates the rise in the price of a basket of commodities on a point-to-point basis
(B) The inflation rate in India is calculated on the basis of the wholesale price index
(C) For some commodities retail prices are also considered for measurement of inflation
(D) Inflation rate going down does not mean prices are declining
56. Which district has the least population density in Rajasthan ?
57. Bio-magnification means—
(A) Fast spreading of cancer cells in the body
(B) Increasing the amount of pesticides in the organisms of successive trophic level
(C) To see the microscopic parts of the body by microscope
(D) Sudden increase in the number of the individuals of a species in a specific area
58. Chandrayaan-I was launched from—
(B) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
59. By which process, Alum cleans the muddy water ?
60. Match List-I (Development Programme) with List-II (Coverage Area) and give the correct answer on the basis of codes given below the list—
(a) Mewat Area Development Programme
(b) Border Area Development Programme
(c) Dang Area Development Programme
(d) Magra Area Development Programme
1. Eight blocks of Alwar and three blocks of Bharatpur
2. Thirteen blocks of four Districts
3. 357 Gram Panchayats of 21 Panchayat Samitis
4. 14 blocks covering Ajmer, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Pali and Rajsamand districts
5. Saharia tribal families residing in Shahbad and Kishangarh blocks
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 3 5 2
(B) 1 2 3 4
(C) 2 1 5 3
(D) 1 4 2 3
61. Handloom Mark shows the standard of—
(A) Handloom clothes
(B) Craft works
(C) Hand embroidery
(D) Hand block printing
62. Which country has signed an agreement on civil nuclear cooperation with India in September 2008 ?
63. Who was appointed as President of South Africa after resignation of Thabo Mbeki ?
(A) Nelson Mandela
(B) Kglema Motlanthe
(C) Taro Aso
(D) Morgan Tsvangirai
64. In which year was the Desert development programme started in Rajasthan ?
65. Which of the following pair is matching ?
(A) Badla (Water-bottle) — Jaipur
(B) Masuria Sari — Kota
(C) Namda — Jodhpur
(D) Marble Carving — Tonk
66. Under whose Command Marwari forces were sent to Khanwa to support Sanga against Babur ?
(A) Rao Ganga
(C) Biram Deo
67. The ‘Hot Spot’ of Biodiversity in India are—
(A) Western Himalayas and Eastern Ghat
(B) Western Himalayas and Sunderban
(C) Eastern Himalayas and Western Ghat
(D) Eastern Himalayas and Silent Valley
68. Who has been chosen for the Bharat-Ratna ?
(B) Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
(C) Kanshi Ram
(D) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
69. What is the product found in large quantities in Churu-Bikaner-Sri Ganganagar belt, which is (i) a source of environmental pollution, (ii) used for raising soil fertility, and (iii) after value addition, is used in health and building sector ?
(C) Fullers Earth
70. In Rajasthan each state had a Mahakma Baqoit which used to—
(A) Charge the revenue arrears in good harvest years
(B) Make the payments of King’s dues
(C) Collect the dues from government servants
(D) Collect the loans for the Kings
71. Generally where coral reefs are found ?
(A) In temperate climate above 18°C
(B) Between tropics of cancer and tropics of capricorn coastal areas
(C) On both east and west coasts of continents and islands only
(D) On colder sea coasts
72. Which one of the followings is used in the synthesis of polythene ?
73. A bird’s eye view of macro economic developments under various programmes launched by the state government in Rajasthan is available in—
(A) Economic Review
(B) Reserve Bank of India Bulletin
(C) Economic and Political Weekly
74. How many are there ‘Million Plus Population’ cities in India (Census 2001) ?
75. National Water Development Agency was established in the year—
76. Author of ‘Nyaya Darshan’ was—
77. KANDHMAL is in which State ?
78. Indian PM Manmohan Singh is an elected member of Rajya Sabha from which State ?
79. In which province Muslim League formed their government after 1946 elections ?
(B) North-West Frontier
80. Which city can be called ‘the Manchester’ of Rajasthan ?
81. Pheromones are found in—
82. Which State is not a part of ‘seven sisters’ of North-Eastern States ?
(B) West Bengal
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
83. The main function of colonization in Rajasthan is to—
(A) Provide residential plots
(B) Acquire land by the government
(C) Provide irrigation facilities
(D) Allot land
84. Who is the Governor of West Bengal ?
(A) Gopal Gandhi
(B) Shiv Charan Mathur
(C) Surjeet Singh Barnala
(D) Nawal Kishore Sharma
85. Which Act introduced ‘Dyarchy’ at the centre ?
(A) The Act of 1909
(B) Government of India Act, 1919
(C) Government of India Act, 1935
(D) The Indian Independence Act, 1947
86. The symbol of World Wild-life Fund is—
(A) Polar Bear
(B) White Bear
(C) Red Panda
87. The Electoral College for the United States Presidential Election is constituted by the—
(A) Members of United States Congress
(B) Members of House of Representatives
(C) Members of Senate
(D) None of them
88. In what direction Monsoon rainfall in Rajasthan increases ?
89. Dhawadia were the persons—
(A) Engaged in looting of caravans and kafilas
(B) Who used to collect the taxes for kings
(C) Who used to stock the foodgrains
(D) Who used to participate in the race
90. By which process the sea water can be converted into pure water ?
(C) Electric separation
(D) Reverse osmosis
91. Place where the ‘Jal Durg’ (fort erected in water) is located—
92. In which of the following crop Azolla-Anabaena biofertilizer is used ?
93. To which school of painting ‘Bani Thani’ was related ?
(A) Bundi school
(B) Kishangarh school
(C) Chawand school
(D) Jaipur school
94. Which group of districts has highest forest area ?
(A) Baran - Udaipur - Chittaurgarh
(B) Bharatpur - Jhalawar - Kota
(C) Karauli - Sirohi - Dungarpur
(D) Banswara - Dholpur – Raj Samand
95. Which one of the following statements in FALSE ?
(A) The special rubber tyres of air craft are made slightly conducting
(B) The blue waves scattered more than violet waves of light so that the sky appears blue not violet
(C) A comb run through one’s wet hair does not attract small bits of paper
(D) Vehicles carrying inflammable material usually have metallic ropes touching the ground
96. Maximum production of ‘khas’ comes from which belt of Rajasthan ?
(A) Sawai Madhopur – Bharatpur - Tonk
(B) Gangapur - Dausa - Alwar
(C) Jhalawar - Kota - Bundi
(D) Dungarpur - Banswara – Udaipur
97. Who represented Congress in Second Round Table Conference ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Moti Lal Nehru
(C) Abul Kalam Azad
(D) Mahatma Gandhi
98. The author of ‘Vamsa Bhaskar’ is—
(B) Gauri Shankar Ojha
(C) Kaviraj Shymaldas
(D) Surajmal Misran
99. The Maitri Express train is introduced between the stations—
(A) Kolkata and Dhaka
(B) Amritsar and Lahore
(C) Delhi and Srinagar
(D) Lucknow and Kathmandu
100. Baxa Tiger Project is located in which state of India ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (A) 4. (D) 5. (A) 6. (A) 7. (A) 8. (D) 9. (D) 10. (B)
11. (C) 12. (B) 13. (A) 14. (D) 15. (B) 16. (A) 17. (C) 18. (C) 19. (B) 20. (D)
21. (C) 22. (A) 23. (B) 24. (D) 25. (C) 26. (B) 27. (B) 28. (B) 29. (C) 30. (A)
31. (D) 32. (B) 33. (C) 34. (D) 35. (B) 36. (A) 37. (D) 38. (A) 39. (A) 40. (B)
41. (A) 42. (C) 43. (D) 44. (B) 45. (B) 46. (C) 47. (D) 48. (C) 49. (A) 50. (A)
51. (B) 52. (C) 53. (A) 54. (D) 55. (D) 56. (D) 57. (B) 58. (D) 59. (C) 60. (B)
61. (B) 62. (D) 63. (B) 64. (B) 65. (B) 66. (A) 67. (C) 68. (B) 69. (D) 70. (B)
71. (A) 72. (B) 73. (A)
74. (*) In India as per population Census-2001, the number of ‘Million Plus Population’ cities is 35. Thus, all the four alternatives given in the question are incorrect.
75. (*) National Water Development Agency was set in July 1982 as Autonomous Society.
76. (A) 77. (A) 78. (C) 79. (A) 80. (C) 81. (A) 82. (B) 83. (D) 84. (A) 85. (C)
86. (C) 87. (A) 88. (A) 89. (A) 90. (D) 91. (D) 92. (B) 93. (B) 94. (D) 95. (B)
96. (A) 97. (D) 98. (D) 99. (A) 100. (D)