ASI CISF SSC ENGLISH ANSWER KEY SOLVED PAPER
Direction1-5. Spotting the error:
1. I use/A to go out/B to work earlier/C No error/D
ans: A. it should be used
2. The teacher/A has took/B the responsibility/C No error/D
Ans: B. has taken.
3. I don't/A want to/B loose it/C No error/D
Ans: C. lose it.
4. Do not/A get panicked/B in emergencies/C No error/D
Ans: D. No error.
5. Sometimes/A I get angry/B on her/C no error/D
Ans: C. At her.
Direction 6-10. Fill in the blanks:
6. The strike has been called___
Ans: A. off
7. He is always angry___his children.
Ans: A. With.
8. I have ___Lakshmi for the past twelve years.
Ans: C. known
9. He did not qualify___the job.
Ans: A. for
10. ___the last ten years we have been victim of abuse.
Ans: B. For
Direction: 11-15. Choose the word which best express the
Ans: A. criticise
Ans: A. unlawful
Ans: D. Stubborn
Ans: C. Hazardous
Direction: 166-170. Choose the word which is opposite to the
Ans: A. Blunt
Ans: C. Cowardly
Ans: C. Distinct
Direction: 21-25. Replacing underlying idioms/phrases with the
21. When trade was brisk, he worked hard and made his fortune,
he believes in making hay while the Sun shines
Ans: A. taking advantage of a favourable opportunity.
22. when they were surrounded from all sides the dacoits laid
down their arms
Ans: C. surrendered
23. The angry hockey players gave vent to their feelings
Ans: A. to express
24. I trust you will bear with me a few minutes more.
Ans: A. have patience with
25. As usual he is blowing his own trumpet.
Ans: C. praising himself.
Direction 26-30. Choose the correct alternative.
26. I did not saw my cousin in Madras
Ans: b. Did not see
27. He behaves like coward.
Ans: A. Cowardly.
28. Neither of them went to the cinema.
Ans: D. No improvement.
29. I used to have very thick hair.
Ans: D. No improvement.
30. They reached at Calcutta on Monday last.
Ans: C. Reached Calcutta.
31. Determine the nature of the disease
Ans: C. Diagnose
32. To run away with a lover
Ans: D. Elope.
33. Science of heredity
Ans: C. Genetics
34. Arrangements in order of occurrence
Ans: B. Chronological
35. Occurring in the night
DIRECTIONS: 36-50. Correct spelling:
36. A. Separate
38. A. Omitted.
39. B. Familiar
41-50. Fill in the paragraph.
Note: Correct answer are marked in Bold.
Hawthrone had not expected this sudden dismissal. He had
thought they would scold him as usual. Since he had no job.
What could he tell Sophia. Sophia, was Hawthrone's wife. He
had not told her anything about his troubles at the office. How
was he going to support her and himself from now on? He
walked home slowly.