KVS Objective General Paper for PGT, TGT, PRT 2010 exam
1. On 20th February, 1947, Prime Minister Attlee announced the British Government's decision to withdraw from India latest by-
(A) September, 1947
(B) January, 1948
(C) August, 1948
(D) June, 1948
2. 'Zero hour' in the working of the Indian Parliament means-
(A) the first hour of the session (B) when privilege motion are accepted
(C) hour before question hour (D) time between the end of the question hour and taking up the next agenda
3. First president of Home Rule League' established in April 1916 ?
(A) Annie Besant
(B) B. G. Tilal<
(C) Joseph Baptista (D) N. C. Kelkar
4. Who of the following was the President of All India Congess continually for six years?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Dadabhai Naoroji
(C) Abul Kalam Azad
(D) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
5. The moderate and extremist sections of the Indian National Congress were reunited in which Session?
(A) 1922-Karachi Session (B) 1916-Lucknow Session (C) 1921-Bombay Session (D) 192D-Calcutta Session
6. Match List-I and List-II and select the corect answer from the codes given below-
(a) Abu! Kalam Azad (b) Feroz Shah Mehta (c) Annie Besant
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
1. Bomaby Chronicle
3. Young India
4. New India Codes:
(a) (A) 2 (B) 4 (C) 2 (D) 4
1 4 1 3 3 4 1 2
7. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The President can send messages to the Parliament
(B) The President can summon each House of the Parliament
(C) The President is not a part of the Parliament
(D) The President can dissolve the Lok Sabha
8. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from Office by(A) the two Houses of Parliament by two thirds majority in each House
(B) the President of India in consultation with the Chief Justice of India
(C) the same procedure which applies in case of removal of Supreme Court Judges
(D) the President of India on the advice of the Council of Ministers
9. The Indian Constitution does not clearly provide for the 'Freedom of Press' but this freedom is implicit in the-
(A) Article 19(i)(a)
(B) Article 19(i)(b)
(C) Article 19(i)( c)
(D) Article 19(i)(d)
10. Some of the Fundamental Rights are not available to the members of the armed forces. Who is empowered to decide the same?
(A) The President
(B) The Defence Minister (C) The Parliament
(D) The President in consultation with the Chief Justice of India
11. The Vice-President is the exofficio Chairman of-
(A) the Rajya Sabha
(B) the National Development Council
(C) the Planning Commission (D) None of the above
12. . Who is legally competent to declare war or conclude peace in India?
(A) The Prime Minister (B) The Parliament
(C) The President
(D) The Council of Ministers
13. The 52nd Amendment to the Constitution of India deals with-
(A) Defection (B) Reservation (C) Election (D) Protection of the minorities
14. The subject, on which both the Centre and State Governments can legislate, are contained in-
(A) The Union List
(B) The State List
(C) The Concurrent List (D) The Residuary List
15. The vacancy to the Office of the President of India must be filled up within-
(A) 90 days
(B) 6 months
(C) One year
(D) Period decided by the Parliament
Reasoning section in general paper. Q.1-15.
1. How many such digits are there in the number 5846937 each of which is as far away from the beginning of the number as when the digits are arranged in descending order within the number?
(A) None (B) One (C) Two (D) Three (E) More than three
2. If 'P' denotes 'multiplied by'; 'R' denotes 'added to'; 'T' denotes 'subtracted from' and 'W' denotes 'divided by', then- 64W4P8T6R4=?
(A) 96 (B) 2 2/3 (C) 130 (D) 126 (E) None of these
3. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word FOREIGN each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
(E) More than three
4. In a certain code CORDIAL is written as 'SPDCMBJ'. How is SOMEDAY written in that code?
(E) None of these
5. In a row of thirty boys, R is fourth from the right end and W is tenth from the left end. How many boys are there between R andW?
(D) Cannot be determined (E) None of these
6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(A) Black (C) Red (E) Violet (B) Yellow (D) Green
7. How many meaningful English words can be made with the letters EMU using each letter only once in each worq ?
(A) One (B) Two (C) Three (D) Four (E) More than four
8. If it is possible to make only one meaningful English word with the first, the sixth, the eighth and the ninth letters of the word HOARDINGS, which of the following will be the third letter of that word ? If no such word can be made, give 'X' as the answer and if more than one such word can be made, give 'Y' as the answer.
(A) G (C) S (E) Y (B) I (D) X
9. Each vowel In the word JOURNEY is replaced by the previous letter in the English alphabet and each consonant is replaced by the next letter in the English alphabet, then the substituted letters are arranged in alphabetical order. Which of the following will be the fifth from the left end ?
(A) D (B) K (C) 0 (D) T (E) None of these
10. In a certain code language 'food is good' is written as 'ho na ta', 'eat food regularly' is written as 'sa ta la' and 'keep good health' is written as 'da na ja'. How is 'eat' written in that code language?
(C) sa or la
(D) Data inadequate (E) None of these
11. Among A, B, C, D and E each having a different weight, D is heavier than A and E and B is lighter than C. Who among them is the heaviest?
(D) Data inadequate (E) None of these
12. In a certain code DOES is written as '5$3%' and SITE is written as '%4#3'. How is EDIT written in that code?
(A) 354 # (B) 3 # 54 (C) 3 $ 4 # (D) 35$ # (E) None of these
13. What should come next in the following letter series ?
(A) U (B) T (C) A (D) G (E) None ofthese
14. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(A) 45 (C) 39 (E) 85 (B) 51 (D) 93
15. D is brother of B. M is brother of B. K is father of M. T is wife of K. How is B related to T ?
a. Son b. Daughter c. son or daugther d. Data inadequate e. None of these
Ans: 1. c. 2. d. 3. c. 4. d 5. b. 6. a . 7. b 8. a 9. e 10. c 11. d 12. a 13. e 14. e 15. c
Maths section:: Q.1-15...
Directions-(Q. 1-5) What will come in place of the question-mark (?) in the following questions?
1. 185% of 400 + 35% of 240 = ?% of 1648
(A) 85 (B) 75 (C) 125 (D) 50 (E) None of these
2. under root sign 24 ratio to the power 4 + 224 = ? x 400
(A) 20 (B) 4 (C) 2 (D) 16 (E) None of these
3. 12·28 x 1·5-36+2·4=?
(A) 3·24 (B) 7·325 (C) 6·42 (D) 4·32 (E) None of these
4. 3/ 8th of 4/9th of 1092 = ?
(A) 182 (B) 728
(C) 364 (D) 218
(E) None of these
5. 66x66 - 34x34 = ?
(A) 3600 (B) 3200
(C) 2146 (D) 2466
(E) None of these
Directions-(Q. 6-10) What approximate value will come in place of the question-mark (?) in the following questions?
6. 175 x 28 + 275 x 27·98 = ?
(A) 11800 (B) 12600 (C) 12800 (D) 11600 (E) 12200
7. 324·995 x 15·98 + 4·002 + 36·88 = ?
(A) 1300 (B) 1230 (C) 1440 (D) 1380 (E) 1340
8. 1164 x 128 + 8·008 + 969·007 = ?
(A) 18800 (B) 19000 (C) 19600 (D) 19200 (E) 18600
9. under root 624·98+ under root 729·25 = ?
(A) 58 (B) 19000 (C) 52 (D) 19200 (E) 61
10. 69·008% of 699·998 + 32·99% of 399·999 =?
(A) 615 B. 56 (C) 675 D. 63 (E) 725
Directions-(Q. 11-15) What will come in place of the question-mark (?) in each of the following series?
11. 17 52 158 477 ? 4310
(A) 1433 (B) 1432 (C) 1435 (D) 1434 (E) None of these
12. 3 22 ? p73 2696 8093
(A) 133· (B) 155 (C) 156 (D) 134 (E) None of these
13. 6 13 38 ? 532 2675
(A) 129 (B) 123 (C) 172 (D) 164 (E) None of these
14. 286 142 ? 34 16 7
(A) 66 (B) 72 (C) 64 (D) 74 (E) None of these
15. 17 9 ? 16·5 35 90
(A) 5 (B) 15 (C) 10 (D) 20 (E) None of these
Ans: 1. d. 2. c. 3. e 4. a 5. b 6. b 7. e 8. c 9.c 10. a 11. c 12. d 13. a 14. e 15. c