1. Vikramshila University was established by-
(A) Dharmapal (B) Devapal (C) Narayanapal (D) Mahipal
2. Who among the following directed to throw bomb on Viceroy Lord Hardinge ?
(A) Khudiram Bose (B) Rasbihari Bose (C) Chandrashekhar Azad (D) Ramprasad Bisrnil
3. The author of Tabqat-i-Nasiri is-
(A) Minhaj-us-Siraj (B) Ziyauddin Barni (C) Amir Khusro (D) Mehadi Hussain
4. During Akbar's reign the biggest gold coin was called-
(A) Ilahi (B) Jalali (C) Dam (D) Shamsab
5. Who among the following was a leader of Wahabi Movement?
(A) Mohammed Ali
(B) Ajmal Khan
(C) Syed Ahmad
(D) M. A. Ansari
6. When did Akbar abolish Jaziya ?
(A) 1563 (B) 1564 (C) 1565 (D) 1566
7. Rani Jhansi Regiment is related with-
(A) Azad Hind Fauj (B) Gandhi Brigade (C) Nehru Brigade (D) Azad Brigade
8. How many tirthas (Officials) are referred in Arthashastra ?
(A) 16 (C) 18(B) 17 (D) 19
9. Jaunpur was established by
(A) Balban (B) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq (C) Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq (D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
10. Agam Siddhant is religious literature of-
(A) Buddhism (B) Jainism (C) Brahmanism (D) Veda
11. The Second Capital of Gupta ruler Chandragupta II was- ,
(A) Ujjain (B) Malwa (C) Saurashtra (D) Mehrauli
12. Which one is related with Mahatma Buddha?
(A) MalIa (B) Deva (C) Shakya (D) Koliya
13. Which one of the following Mauryan rulers was Jaina ?
(A) Kunal (B) Samprati (C) Dasharatha (D) Jalauk
14. When did Albaruni, a scholar of Central Asia visiied India?
(A) Mahmud Ghaznavi (B) Mohammed Ghori (C) Qutub-ud-din Aibak (D) Iltutmish
15. Chola rulers were followers of
(A) Vaishnavism (B) Shaivism (C) Shaktism (D) Jainism
16. During Mauryan age, Avanti path was-
(A) Northern Province (B) Southern Province (C) Western Province (D) Eastern Province
17. Paramaras were residents of-
(A) Malwa (B) Rajasthan (C) Gujarat (D) Orissa
18. "Brahmanical reaction was responsible for the downfall of the Mauryan Empire." Who said?
(A) Harprasad Shastri (B) U. N. Ghoshal (C) D. D. Koshambi (D) Rornila Thapar
19. The grant of 'Diwani' in Bengal, Bihar and Orissa was given to the English East India Company by the Treaty in 1765 with-
(A) Shah Alam II (B) Mir Qasim (C) Siraj-ud-daula (D) Francis Joseph Dupleix
20. Vernacular Press Act passed in-
(A) 1877 (B) 1878 (C) 1879 (D) 1880
21. When did Deimachos, the Greek ambassador, visited India?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Bindusar (C) Ashok (D) Brihadrath
22. Who called British Economic policy as 'Colonial Economy' ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Jawaharlal Nehru (C) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel (D) Madan Moha,n Malaviya
23. When did separate electorate system was established for Muslims?
(A) 1908 (C) 1910 (B) 1909 (D) 1911
24. The statement of Mahatma Gandhi that it was 'a post-dated cheque' was related to-
(A) The Simon Commission (B) The Cripps Mission (C) The Cabinet Mission
(D) The Young-Husband's Mission
25. Under which Viceroy's tenure Indian National Congress was formed?
(A) Lord Dufferin (B) Lord Ripon(C) Lord Lansdowne (D) Lord Curzon
26. Fort William was situated in
(A) Madras (B) Machalipattnam (C) Orissa (D) Calcutta
27. The author of "Indian Epigraphy" is-
(A) D. C. Sircar (B) Oldenburg (C) F.F. Pargitar (D) H. D. Sankalia
28. Where did Britishers establish their first trade centre?
(A) Calcutta (B) Surat (C) Bombay (D) Karnataka
29. Who was Alara Kalama?
(A) Disciple of Buddha (B) Prominent Buddhist monk (C) Teacher of Buddha
(D) Ruler -who criticised Buddhism
30. Which session of the Indian National Congress approved 'Gandhi-Irwin Pact' ?
(A) Karachi Session (B) Lahore Session (C) Calcutta Session (D) Tripura Session
31. Which Urdu poet was invited to the Second and Third Round Table Conference?
(A) Faiz Ahmad Faiz (B) Mohammad Iqbal (C) Josh Malihabadi (D) Firaq Gorakhpuri
32. The author of Historica is
(A) Justin (B) Herodotus (C) Deodorus (D) Megasthenes
33. Kalibanga is situated in
(A) Gujarat (B) Punjab (Pakistan) (C) Rajasthan (D) Haryana
34. With reference to the Swadeshi Movement during the Indian Freedom Struggle, which of the
following statement is not correct?
(A) The theme song of Swadeshi Movement in Bengal was Ravindranath's "Amar Sonar Bangia".
(B) Syed Haider Raza led the Swadeshi Movement in India
(C) The Ganapati and Shivaji festival became a medium of the movement
(D) The Surat split in 1907 weakened the Swadeshi Movement
35. Who among the following was fond of slaves?
(A) Alauddin Khalji (B) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq (C) Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq (D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
36. Sravanabelgola is associated with-
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Ashok
(C) Vihnugupta (D) Dasharath
37. Who called Samudragupta 'Napolean of India' ?
(A) R. K. Mukherjee
(B) R. C. Dutt
(C) R. S. Sharma
(D) V. A. Smith
38. Which language was the State language during the Sultanate period?
(A) Arabic (B) Persian (C) Turkish (D) Urdu
39. Dahasala system was introduced by Akbar in
(A) 1575 (B) 1580 (C) 1590 (D) 1602
40. Which mughal Emperor introduced "Duaspa-Sihaspa" method in Mansabdari System?
(A) Akbar (B) Jahangir (C) Shahjahan (D) Aurangzeb
41. Who among the following recognised important role played by women in family and society in his preachings ?
(A) Guru Nanak (B) Saint Ravidas (C) Saint Gyaneshwar (D) Saint Tukaram
42. The Kalinga War conquered by Ashoka is described in-
(A) Rock Edict I
(B) Rock Edict V
(C) Pillar Edict VII
(D) Rock Edict XIII
43. Who was called' dvija' ?
(A) Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaishya (B) Kshatriya, Vaishya, Shudra (C) Brahman, Vaishya, Shudra (D) Shudra, Kshatriya, Brahman
44. Ibn Batuta, the famous traveller of 14th Century, lived in-
(A) Venice (B) Geneva (C) Spain (D) North Africa
45. Nizamuddin Aulia and Nasir-ud-din Chirag were-
(A) Sohrawardi Saint (B) Chishti Saint (C) Nakshbandi Saint (D) Silsilah
46. How many ruling dynasties were there in the Delhi Sultanate?
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 5
47. Who was the President of 3rd Buddhist Assembly?
(A) Mahakassap (B) Vasumitra (C) Ashvaghosha (D) Moggaliputta Tissa
48. Kharaj was meant by-
(A) Land Tax (B) House Tax (C) Loan (D) Law
49. Which one of the following Muslim leaders joined the Home Rule League founded by Annie Besant?
(A) Mohammedlqbal (B) Mohammed Ali Jinnah (C) Syed Ahmad Khan
(D) Abul Kalam Azad
50. Rowlatt Act passed in-
(A) 1916 (B) 1917 (C) 1918 (D) 1919
51. Sangam is meant for-
(A) Dynasty of South India (B) Tamil religious literature (C) Assemblies of Tamil
Scholars (D) Ancient name of South India
52. Which one among the following is the oldest Stupa ?
(A) Stupa of Sanchi
(B) Stupa of Piprawah
(C) Stupa of Bharahut
(D) Stupa of Amaravati
53. Which of the following text refers Chandragupta Mauryaas 'Vaishal' ?
(A) Mudrarakshasa (B) Arthashastra (C) Indica (D) Mahavamsha
54. In which of the following Council Jainism was divided into two ?
(A) First Jain Council
(B) Second Jain Council
(C) Third Jain Council
(D) Fourth Jain Council
55. "India for the Indians." Who said?
(A) Swami Vivekanand (B) Madan Mohan Malaviya (C) Dayanand (D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
56. Which one of the following is not correct?
(A) Indian National Congress, Calcutta Session (1887)
(B) Indian National Congress, Lucknow Session (1916)
(C) Indian National Congress, Gaya Session (1922)
(D) Indian National Congress, Tripuri Session (1939)
57. Irani System of 'Sajda' was started by-
(D) Mohammed Tughlaq
58. Mohammed Ghori was assassinated by-
(A) Hazras (B) Khokkars (C) Yurtwals (D) Baluchis
59. "Swaraj is my birth right." Who said?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (B) Dadabhai Naoroji (C) NetajiSubhash Chandra Bose (D) Bhagat Singh
60. The first Turkish Sultan to cross Vindhyachal ranges was-
(C) Alauddin Khilji
(D) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
61. Ajanta Paintings are related with-
(A) Jainism (B) Brahmanism (C) Shaktism (D) Buddhism
62. The author of Anandmath was
(A) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee (B) Sharat Chandra Chatterjee (C) Ravindra Nath Tagore
(D) S. C. Bose
63. The author of 'Poverty and UnBritish Rule in India' is-
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai (B) Dadabhai Naoroji (C) Surendra Nath Banerjee (D) R. C. Dutt
64. By which Act, Rule of East India Company ended in India?
(A) Regulating Act, 1773
(B) Pitt's India Act, 1784
(C) Government of India Act, 1858
(D) Morley-Minto Act, 1909
65. In which age Brahmanas were inferior than Kshatriyas ?
(A) Vedic age
(B) Buddha age
(C) Maurya age
(D) Post-Mauryan age
66. How many Pitakas are in Buddhist literature?
(A) 1 (C) 3 (B) 2 (D) 4
67. Rana Sanga is related with-
(A) Malwa (B) Khajuraho (C) Mandu (D) Mewar
68. In which month Quit India Movement of 1942 started?
(A) January (C) August (B) July (D) December
69. Who is the author of Prithviraj Raso?
(A) Chandabardai (B) Gunadhya (C) Amir Khusro (D) Samdeva
70. Pandyas were centred in
(A) Madurai (B) Tanjore (C) Andhra Pradesh (D) Kaveripattan
71. During the Mauryan age 'bhaga' was-
(A) House Tax (B) Land Tax (C) Water Tax (D) Hiranya
72. Who among the following was known as 'Frontier Gandhi' ?
(A) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan (B) Syed Amir Ali (C) Abul Kalam Azad (D) Abdul Gaffar Khan
73. The founder of Gadar Party was-
(A) Basudev Balwant Phadke (B) Vinay Damodar Savarkar (C) Lala Hardayal
(D) Bhagat Singh
74. The name of the committee to enquire Jallianwala Bagh Massacre was
(A) Simon Commission (B) Hunter Commission (C) Raymond Commission (D) Linlithgo Commission
75. Which court was considered as the highest criminal court of appeal during East India Company?
(A) Circuit Court (B) Provincial Court (C) Sadar Diwani (D) Sadar Nizamat
76. Which Mughal Emperor increased more number of Rajput and Maratha Mansabdars in his
(A) Akbar (C) Shajahan (B) Jahangir (D) Aurangzeb
77. In which Session, Congress demanded 'Poorna Swaraj' ?
(A) Lucknow Session 1916 (B) Calcutta Session 1917 (C) Kanpur Session 1925
(D) Lahore Session 1929
78. Which Mauryan ruler was called , Amitraghat' by Greek writers?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya (B) Bindusara
79. Which foreign traveller visited Vijaynagar Empire during 1420?
(A) Alhanasius Nikitin (B) Farishta (C) Abdur Razzaq (D) Nicolo-de-Conti
80. When did Aurangzeb took the title of 'Alamgir' ?
(A) 1658 (B) 1659 (C) 1660 (D) 1661
81. During the reign of which of the following did Vijaynagar Empire come into existence?
(A) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq (B) Mohammed-bin-Tughlaq (C) Firoze Shah TugWaq
(D) Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah
82. The term' dastak' implies
(A) Riot (B) Duty free trade (C) Port (D) Market
83. When did Akbar abolish the slavery and protected human rights?
(A) 1582 (B) 1583 (C) 1584(D) 1585
84. The author of "Indian Mussalmans" is-
(A) W. W. Hunter (B) Sir Aga Khan (C) Atulanand Chakravarti (D) Rizaul Karim
85. Who was the last Governor General and First Viceroy of India?
(A) Lord Lawrence (B) Lord Mayo (C) Lord Canning (D) Lord Lytton
86. Which Session of Indian National Congress was presided by Subhash Chandra Bose?
(A) Haripura (B) Nagpur (C) Lahore (D) Delhi
87. The statement that the revolt of 1857 was "neither the first, nor national, nor war of independence" was made by-
(A) V. D. Savarkar (B) S. N. Sen (C) R. C. Majumdar (D) Benjamin Disraeli
88. In the revenue settlement of Todarmal the land never left fallow was known as-
(A) Polaj (B) Parauti (C) Chachar (D) Banjar
89. Nagarjuna Stupa was constructed during the age of-
(A) Buddha (B) Maurya (C) Gupta (D) Post Gupta
90. The ancient name of Assam is
91. Which of the following stands for 'Iqta' ?
(A) Law of primogeniture
(B) Crown land donated to army officers
(C) State's share in the war booty
(D) The grant of revenue from a territory in lieu of salary
92. "Every Indian is corrupt." Who said?
(A) Lord Cornwallis (B) Lord Wellesley (C) Lord Hastings (D) Lord Dalhousie
93. Vellore Mutiny took place in the year of(A) 1764 (B) 1806 (C) 1857 (D) 1935
94. Dilwara Temple is the example of-
(A) Buddhist architecture (B) Jain architecture (C) Mughal architecture (D) Sultanate architecture
95. The architect of Taj Mahal belongedto-
(A) Italy (B) France (C) Turkey (D) Egypt
96. The central feature of Indian society during 800 to 1200 A.D. was-
(A) Feudalism (B) Liberalism (C) Egalitarianism (D) Republic
Answers: Would be posted within a couple of days, till then try to solve yourself and check your score once we post answers.
Posted by Edutalk India at 12:49 AM
Labels: model, ras, rts, SAMPLE