Quizzes cover topics such as Swachh Bharat Mission Awards, Robert Mugabe death and International Literacy Day among others.
1. Robert Mugabe passed away at the age of 95 on September 6, 2019. He served as the President of which nation for almost four decades?
d) South Africa
2. Which place won the Best Swachh Iconic Place award in Swachh Bharat Mission Awards?
a) Vaishno Devi
b) Golden Temple
d) Lotus Temple
3. Which among the following Ministries won the Swachh Bharat award in Swachhta Action Plan category?
a) Ministry of Women and Child
b) Ministry of Urban Development
c) Ministry of Defence
d) Ministry of Railways
4. Which city is hosting the 28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol exercise?
5. When is the International Literacy Day observed every year?
a) 6th September
b) 7th September
c) 8th September
d) 9th September
6. Which city will host the Sixth India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue 2019?
b) New Delhi
7. Which country is ranked 10th in terms of gold reserves, as per the recent survey of World Gold Council?
8. Which Indian wrestler has been given top priority in World wrestling championship?
a) Bajrang Punia
b) Sushil Kumar
c) Yogeshwar Dutt
d) Pawan Kumar
9. Which automobile company recently closed its manufacturing plant for five days in Chennai?
a) Maruti Suzuki
b) Ashok Leyland
c) Tata Motors
10. Which country has temporarily closed its diplomatic missions in Nigeria?
a) United States
b) South Africa
1. (c) Zimbabwe
Robert Mugabe, former Zimbabwe President passed away at the age of 95 on September 6, 2019. Robert Mugabe had ruled Zimbabwe for almost four decades before he was ousted from power in a military coup two years ago.
2. (a) Vaishno Devi
Vaishno Devi Shrine Board in Jammu and Kashmir received the Best Swachh Iconic Place award. The Shrine was selected on the basis of the overall improvement in sanitation.
3. (d) Ministry of Railways
Ministry of Railways won the Swachh Bharat award in the category of Swachhta Action Plan. The award was conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind in a ceremony in New Delhi on September 6, 2019.
4. (b) Bangkok
The 28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol is being conducted between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) during 5 – 15 September 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand. For this purpose, IN Dornier arrived at Bangkok along with aircrew.
5. (c) 8th September
International Literacy Day is celebrated across the world on September 8 every year to highlight improvements in world literacy rates. The Day aims to mobilise public opinion in favour of struggle against illiteracy.
6. (b) New Delhi
Sixth India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue will be held from 7th September 2019 in New Delhi, India. This three-day Dialogue will witness round table meetings of Joint Working Groups on sectors like infrastructure, resource conservation, energy, pharmaceuticals, high-tech, and policy coordination.
7. (c) India
According to the World Gold Council, India has gold reserves totalling 618.2 tonnes, which is marginally higher than the Netherlands’ reserves of 612.5 tonnes. India has pipped the Netherlands to move into the list of top ten countries in terms of total gold reserves.
8. (a) Bajrang Punia
India's top wrestler Bajrang Punia has been handed the top priority in the men's 65kg freestyle category at the World Championships, slated to begin in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan from September 14. Two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar remains India's only gold medallist at the Worlds.
9. (b) Ashok Leyland
Ashok Leyland, the Chennai-headquartered automaker announced to shut down the production facility for four days in September starting September 5. Ashok Leyland, also the country's third-largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, has closed the Pantnagar production facility for as many as 9 days in July 2019.
10. (b) South Africa
South Africa has temporarily closed its diplomatic missions in Nigeria following reprisal attacks by Nigerians triggered by xenophobic violence in South Africa. South Africa's Foreign Minister, Naledi Pandor, called the violence an embarrassment for her country.