XLRI Question Paper-2 (Page 1)
XLRI Question Paper-2 (Page 1)
Directions for questions 1 to 60: Select the correct alternative from the given choices.
1. Who among the following declared his motto as “no religion, no caste and no god for mankind”?
(A) Rajaram Mohan Roy
(B) Sri Narayana Guru
(C) Ramaswami Naicker ‘Periyar’
(D) Swami Vivekananda
2. Under whose overall leadership was the ‘Quit India’ movement (1942) carried on?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Aruna Asaf Ali
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) There was no single leader of this mass movement
3. Supachai Panitchpakdi, the Director-General of
WTO, belongs to
(A) Cambodia. (B) Thailand.
(C) Indonesia. (D) Malaysia.
4. In which state was the ‘Silent Valley Movement’ against the construction of a dam in an ecosensitive region, launched?
(A) Uttaranchal (B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Kerala (D) Arunachal Pradesh
5. Who among the following invented ‘optical fibre’?
(A) Narinder Kapany
(B) Donald Duncan
(C) James Puckle
(D) Christopher Cockerell
6. Who among the following was the first Englishman to become President of the Indian National Congress?
(A) A.O. Hume
(B) George Yule
(C) William Wedderburn
(D) Ramsay McDonald
7. Which of the following is not an ‘ear’ bone?
(A) Stapes (B) Incus (C) Sacral (D) Malleus
8. Angel Falls, the world’s highest waterfalls is located in
(A) Venezuela. (B) Peru.
(C) Colombia. (D) Chile.
9. The high density of population in the Nile Valley, and Island of Java is primarily due to
(A) topographic constraints.
(C) Intensive agriculture.
10. The maximum strength of the nominated members in both the houses of the Parliament can be
(A) 9- (B) 11- (C) 12- (4) 14-
11. Who among the following is the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
(A) P. Shankar (B) J. M. Lyndoh
(C) J.K. Banthia (D) C.D. Sahay
12. Thaksin Shinawatra is the Prime Minister of
(A) Cambodia. (B) The Philippines.
(C) Thailand. (D) Laos.
13. Who among the following invented ‘wireless telegraphy’?
(A) Gugileime Marconi (B) Max Planck
(C) Heinrich Hertz (D) Michael Faraday
14. Which of the following books is not written by Vikram Seth?
(A) From Heaven Lake (B) An Equal Music
(C) The Golden Gate (D) Half A Life
15. During which Five Year Plan were the Durgapur, Bhilai and Rourkela steel plants set up?
(A) First (B) Second
(C) Third (D) Fourth
16. Which of the given alternatives is/are correctly matched?
(i) Eskimo – Canada (ii) Oran – Norway
(III) Lapps – India (iv) Bindibu – Africa
(A) All the above (B) Only (i) and (ii)
(C) Only (i) (D) Only (ii) and (III)
17. Trees shed their leaves in winter season to
(A) conserve heat.
(B) conserve water.
(C) take rest after the summer growth.
(D) both (A) and (C).
18. Duncan Pass is located between
(A) South and Little Andaman.
(B) North and South Andaman.
(C) South and Middle Andaman.
(D) North and Little Andaman.
19. Which crop requires water-logging for its cultivation?
(A) Tea (B) Coffee (C) Rice (D) Mustard
20. In which country is the Ghana Bird Sanctuary located?
(A) Ghana (B) India
(C) Sri Lanka (D) Mali
21. What is the collective name given to “Kalpa, Jyotisha, Siksha, Chanda, Virukta and Vyakarana”?
(A) Upanishads (B) Vedangas
(C) Upavedas (D) Puranas
22. Jaundice results from the malfunctioning of
(A) liver (B) brain
(C) pancreas (D) heart
23. What should be given to an athlete for instant energy?
(A) Fats (B) Carbohydrates
(C) Proteins (D) Vitamins
24. In which country did the Chernobyl nuclear reactor explosion take place in 1986?
(A) Russia (B) North Korea
(C) Ukraine (D) France
25. In which year was the Six Day War between Israel and Arab nations take place?
(A) 1967 (B) 1971 (C) 1977 (D) 1979
26. Which of the following planets has 2 satellites?
(A) Pluto (B) Uranus (C) Venus (D) Mars
27. Who among the following is India’s Ambassador to the WTO?
(A) S. Narayan (B) K. Chandrasekhar
(C) Rakesh Mohan (D) N.K. Singh
28. In which year was the battle of Haldighati fought between Akbar and Rana Pratap Singh of Mewar?
(A) AD 1576 (B) AD 1572
(C) AD 1556 (D) AD 1558
29. The density of population per square kilometers in India has increased from 267 in 1991 to …….. in 2001.
(A) 300 (B) 316 (C) 324 (D) 333
30. Which of the following is not an Indian supercomputer?
(A) ANUPAM (B) C-DOT
(C) MTPPS (D) CHIPPS
- XLRI Question Paper-2 (Page 2)
- TOEFL Preparation : Listening Comprehension Page 2
- Question From XAT-2006-Analytical Reasoning
- TOEFL Preparation : Reading Comprehension Page 1
- FMS Question Paper-2
- TOEFL : Structure & Written Expression (Appositive)
- IIFT Question Paper-1 (Page 1)
- Question From XAT-2006-Reading Comprehension
- SCMHRD Question Paper-1
- IRMA Question Paper-2 (Page 2)