Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
151. Which Tennis player who won his 5th straight Monte Carlo Masters Trophy, also known as “Open Barcelona”, more commonly known as the “Godó Trophy”?
152. Name the British Tv Actress who committed suicide after the last episode of her teleserial “Belonging” which was present on BBC Wales?
153. Who has been appointed as the new Supreme Court Registrar of India?
154. Who is the 16th Chief election commissioner of India?
155. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev removed the head of the powerful military intelligence agency recently after he opposed sweeping reforms of the country’s lumbering armed forces. Who is he?
General Valentin Korabelnikov
156. Who is appointed as the new chief and managing director (CMD) of Air India
Mr. E.K. Bharat Bhushan
157. Who defeated I-League champions Churchill Brothers by 2-1 in the one-off Super Cup tie at the Devilal Sports Complex in Gurgaon on 26th April and won their third trophy of the season?
158. Who was named as the English Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) Player of the Year for the first time despite starting just 12 league games this season?
Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)
159. Bollywood actor once called “the Clint Eastwood of the East” because of his maverick roles and manly swagger, died recently at Bangalore?
160. World Cup Cricket -2011 final will be held in?
Wankade Stadium, Mumbai
161. Indian Premiere League(IPL)-2009 Facts:
First Six of IPL 09-Abhishek Nayar
162. Who has become the first person in the World to have a full face transplant?
Connie Culp-Earlier Photo
163. Name the Delhi-based automotive tyre maker, which announced the acquisition of Dutch-tyre firm Vredestein Banden BV, a subsidiary of Russia’s largest tyre manufacturer Amtel-Vredestein which went bankrupt last month.
164. Who is reappointed as Director-General of World Trade Organisation (WTO) for a second term of four years as from 1 September 2009?
165. The South Korean blogger who was arrested in January and accused by the government of spreading false information about the worsening global economy, was acquitted recently?
166. Who has been selected as the new Chief Coach for the Indian Men’s Hockey team?
167. Nepalese President Ram Baran Yadav recently rejected the Maoist led government’s decision to sack the army chief, pushing the country further into political crisis that threatens to derail the two-and-half-year-old peace process. Name the army chief?
168. First concert of A.R.Rahman after winning the Oscar award was held in?
169. The 16-year-old Delhi boy, who has won his second International Tennis Federation (ITF) title by defeating South African opponent Raven Klaasen at the DLTA complex on Saturday (May 2)?
170. Name the Sri Lankan journalist and editor, who was assassinated on 8 January of this year, has been named as the laureate of the 2009 World Press Freedom Prize by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
171. Who won his record fourth Rome Masters title, beating defending champion Novak Djokovic
172. Former South Korean President who committed suicide by leaping to his death from a hill behind his house?
173. A British charity fundraiser who won the “best job in the world” i.e., caretaker of an Australian tropical island — after an innovative marketing campaign that highlighted the power of social media?
174. Name the chief of the Anti Crime Cell of Indonesia who is arrested recently for a murder case?
175. Who is appointed as the Country Director of Western Union Financial services for its India operations ?
176. Who has won the Chess Oscar for the third time, the game’s most prestigious annual award?
177. Who was sworn in as South Africa’s new president?
178. Which country won the gold medal in the recurve team event of the archery World Cup Stage II at Porec, Croatia?
Italy won the bronze beating China 221-219.
179. Who won the Spanish Grand Prix Car race title?
180. The First South Indian(Malayalee) who has been appointed as the secretary of Supreme Court of India ?
181. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of ICICI prudential Life?
182. Indian-origin anti-apartheid activist who has been inducted into South African President Jacob Zuma’s cabinet, taking the number of people from the community in the government to seven.
183. Who won Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year award, recently ?
184. Which team rallied for a 4-1 victory against Athletic Bilbao for its record 25th Spanish King’s Cup title?
185. In a case prosecuted by the United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, a federal judge sentenced an investment adviser, age 38, of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, to ten years in federal prison on federal mail and wire fraud for defrauding his investment advisory clients. Who is he ?
186. Which team won the Copa Italia Football title ?
Lazio beat Sampdoria(6-5)
187. The new model car launched by Maruti in May-2009?
189. Which team won the 18th English Premiere league title 2009 by holding off Arsenal to a draw?
190. India’s largest direct-to-home service and part of the biggest media conglomerate, Zee Group which announced their association with ‘Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade’, the next generation video gaming and entertainment system on their platform?
191. Former South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce president who has been elected Vice President of Federation of International Film Producers Association [FIAF] for 2009 – 2011?
P.V Gangadharan, It is for the first time an Indian arrives in the prestigious position
192. LTTE(Liberation Tigers o f Tamil Eelam) leader who was killed by Sri Lankan Army ?
193. Who sets world record over 150 meters in 14.35 seconds on the streets of Manchester?
Usain Bolt, the reigning world record holder at 100m and 200m, sets the world record over 150 meters
194. The first British Speaker to be forced out of office in over 300 years because of his handling of a scandal on MPs’expenses?
195. Self-styled god man of Kerala who was sentenced to 16 years of rigorous imprisonment and a penalty of Rs 2,10,000 for raping two minor girls?
Santhosh Madhavan (Swamy Amrutha Chaithanya)
Sheikh Nasser al-Mohammed al-Ahmed al-Sabah
197. The only Indian who hit a century in IPL?
Maneesh Pandey (114 Not Out) of Bangalore Royal challengers
198. Orange Cap Holder of DLF IPL 2009(It is given for the player who is the leading run scorer in the match.)?
199. Purple Cap holder of DLF IPL 2009(It is given for the player who is the leading wicket taker in the match)
200. Man of the match in the final of IPL-2009?
- CURRENT AFFAIRS:MARCH 2010 : BUSINESS & ECONOMY
- CURRENT AFFAIRS 2008
- Current Affairs March 2021
- चर्चित योजनाए आयोग सम्मेलन समितियां जुलाई 2016
- International Landscape November 2011
- Pak Cricket Team Arrives Home From Scandal-hit England Tour
- Popular Places In 2016
- National Newsmaker February 2012
- Current Affairs Paper Of SBI Exam 2008
- Current General Knowledge 2010 : Objective Questions