Security Beefed Up Ahead Of Verdict On Ayodhya Title Suits
Security beefed up ahead of verdict on Ayodhya title suits
With just three days left for the verdict in Ayodhya title suits, the Mayawati government asked the law enforcing agencies on Tuesday to step up security and in neighbouring Faizabad and deal sternly with those who try to break communal harmony in the aftermath of the ruling.
The chief minister has issued strict directives to law enforcing agencies to adopt a zero tolerance approach towards anyone who tries to breach peace and communal harmony in the wake of the court verdict slated for September 24, official sources said.
Heavy deployment of security personnel has been made at the disputed site to ensure safety of the sanctum sanctorum and prevent any breach of peace, the sources said.
The administration has divided Ayodhya and neighbouring Faizabad into 17 security zones and 45 sub-sectors posting 60 magistrates and making heavy deployment of security personnel in the area, they said.
Against the state government's demand for nearly 600 companies of central forces with 50 companies for the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad alone, the state has so far received only 52 companies of CRPF and RAF till now, they said.
Meanwhile, religious leaders at Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir resolved to maintain peace in the border district after the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court delivers its verdict on Ayodhya title suits on September 24.
The decision was taken at an emergency meeting of 300 people of Poonch town and surrounding areas, including the Ulemas of all Mosques, advocates and intellectuals.
- UPSC (PT) CURRENT AFFAIRS (IV)
- राजस्थान चर्चित स्थान Populer Place Rajathan March 2013
- Ayodhya Verdict: LK Advani Fails To Understand SCs Decision
- Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
- Delhi Games Will Be As Good As Melbourne: Kalmadi Read More:
- Current Affairs-Objective GK Questions
- DISMAL PERFORMANCE OF 15TH LOK SABHA - Vote For India Report - 2009-10
- Current Affairs/ General Knowledge Questions June 2010 With Answers
- Geographical Sobriquets
- Afridi Hints At Test Return After Scandal Hit English Tour