Current Affairs : January 2010
Current Affairs : January 20101. Haiti faced unprecedented earthquake recently which seems to be the second worst earthquake in history. What is the official language of the island nation?
d. Louisiana Creole
2. How much have the game administers agreed to pay to the Indian male hockey team to bring the players back to practice for the upcoming World Cup?
a. 50 lakhs to be disbursed among players
b. 2 crore to be disbursed among the players
c. 2 lakhs per player
d. None of the above
3. Sri Lanka defeated India in the Idea Cup final at Mirpur. Who was the skipper of the winning side?
a. Chanaka Welegedara
b. Nuwan Kulasekara
c. Kumar Sangakkara
d. Tillakaratne Dilshan
4. The internet search-engine giant Google has indicated that it will shut down its operations in … following a string of reported cyber attacks on its services.
5. Who is the sponsor of Hockey India?
b. Coca Cola
6. Which judicial post in India came under purview of the Right to Information (RTI)
Act with a judgment by the Delhi High Court?
a. Chief Justice of India
b. Supreme Court judges
c. Chief Justices of States
d. Bar Association members
7. Who did Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa accused for instigating farmers to take to the streets with regard to acquisition of land for the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project?
a. Rahul Gandhi
b. Medha Patekar
c. HD Deve Gowda
d. SM Krishna
8. For which crime were 21 Indians detained in China’s Shenzhen region recently?
b. Diamond smuggling
c. Ethnic violence
d. Stealing cars
9. In accordance with a Supreme Court judgment, which authority will probe the fake encounter killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh by the Gujarat police in 2005?
a. Special Investigation Team
b. A retired judge of Gujarat High Court
c. A sitting judge of Supreme Court
d. Central Bureau of Investigation
10. Which country is putting efforts to be the world’s first nation to build a nuclear-powered spacecraft for interplanetary flights?
b. The USA
11. Name this former Indian prime minister who is currently embroiled in a controversy because of his public abuses to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
a. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
b. HD Deve Gowda
c. Inder Kumar Gujral
d. Chandra Shekhar
12. The premier of which neighbouring country made a visit to India recently?
13. Which of these ministers, whose middle name can be called “tweet”, has denied the fact that he criticised Jawaharlal Nehru’s foreign policy at a seminar?
a. Naveen Jindal
b. Rahul Gandhi
c. Shashi Tharoor
d. None of the above
14. Name this player of the Indian cricket team who is the top tax payer at Rs 1.5 crore for the last quarter of 2009.
a. Sachin Tendulkar
b. Virendra Sehwag
c. MS Dhoni
d. Rahul Dravid
15. Which Indian city became the first destination outside US and Europe to host the ‘Marathon Flame’ as part of 7th Standard Chartered … Marathon?
16. The solar eclipse on January 15, which provided people to watch sun in the form of a ring, has been given the name … by scientists.
a. Mauni’s ring
b. Mauni’s beads
c. Bailey’s ring
d. Bailey’s beads
17. Filmmaker Adoor Gopalakrishnan has been conferred a DLitt by ….
a. Mumbai University
b. Kerala University
c. University of Delhi
d. Jawaharlal Nehru University
18. Despite the failure of Copenhagen, green activists are already mobilising support for the Earth Day on April 22. In which year was the Earth Day observed for the first time?
19. India is ready to review a 1950 treaty with a neighbouring country, which is ….
d. Sri Lanka
20. The Haiti earthquake has killed at least five lakh people, making it the second-worst in history. Which earthquake, taking 8.6 lakh lives, is recorded as the deadliest one?
a. Ardabil, Iran, 893
b. Aleppo,Syria, 1138
c. Shanxi, China, 1556
d. Off Sumatra, 2004
21. This exam might become a year-round exam, enabling candidates to attempt it at their will.
d. CBSE PMT
22. The Centre is ready to bear 90 per cent of cost of rejuvenation of water bodies in this region, which is crying for separate statehood.
a. Harit Pradesh, Western UP
23. A film on LK Advani has completely blacked out his RSS connections. Who has made the film?
a. Filmmaker Prakash Jha
b. Actor-politician Shatrughn Sinha
c. Actor-politician Hema Malini
d. Daughter Pratibha Advani
24. This actor is set to replace Tobey Maguire as Spiderman, according to media reports. Name him.
a. Daniel Radcliffe
b. Robert Pattinson
c. Matt Damon
d. None of the above
25. National Security Advisor MK Narayanan has been named as the new Governor of…
a. Andhra Pradesh
b. West Bengal
- 0diggsdigg General Knowledge/ Current Affairs August 2010 Questions With Answers - GK Questions Latest Updates
- Current Affairs February 2021
- Yamuna Rises To 32-yr High, Delhi Homes Deluged
- General Knowledge Question & Answers - Books And Authors
- Current Affairs March 2021
- The Commonwealth Writers Prize 2010
- Rajasthan Hotspots
- Vikas Marg Road Near Metro Station Caves In
- Current Affairs 2009 For All Competitive Exams
- Anna University: Off-shore Campus In Dubai