Computer General Knowledge For Bank Exams
Computer General Knowledge for Bank Exams
1. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
2. A process known as ____________ is used by large retailers to study trends.
3. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
4. A(n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an item’s tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
5. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal’s computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
7. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animal’s movements.
8. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as:
9. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
10. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
11. ____________ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that humans do.
12. ____________ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
14. Computers gather data, which means that they allow users to ____________ data.
15. After a picture has been taken with a digital camera and processed appropriately, the actual print of the picture is considered:
16. Computers use the ____________ language to process data.
17. Computers process data into information by working exclusively with:
18. In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
19. The term bit is short for:
20. A string of eight 0s and 1s is called a:
21. A ____________ is approximately one billion bytes.
22. A ____________ is approximately a million bytes.
23. ____________ is any part of the computer that you can physically touch.
24. The components that process data are located in the:
25. All of the following are examples of input devices EXCEPT a:
26. Which of the following is an example of an input device?
27. All of the following are examples of storage devices EXCEPT:
28. The ____________, also called the “brains” of the computer, is responsible for processing data.
29. The CPU and memory are located on the:
30. Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo-editing are examples of:
31. ____________ is a set of computer programs used on a computer to help perform tasks.
32. System software is the set of programs that enables your computer’s hardware devices and ____________ software to work together.
33. The PC (personal computer) and the Apple Macintosh are examples of two different:
34. Apple Macintoshes (Macs) and PCs use different ____________ to process data and different operating systems.
35. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
36. Smaller and less expensive PC-based servers are replacing ____________ in many businesses.
37. ____________ are specially designed computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly.
38. DSL is an example of a(n) ____________ connection.
39. The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access is known as the:
40. ____________ is the science revolving around the use of nanostructures to build devices on an extremely small scale.
41. Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
42. ____________ bits equal one byte.
43. The binary language consists of ____________ digit(s).
44. A byte can hold one ____________ of data.
45. ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer.
46. The operating system is the most common type of ____________ software.
47. ____________ are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
48. The steps and tasks needed to process data, such as responses to questions or clicking an icon, are called:
49. The two broad categories of software are:
50. The metal or plastic case that holds all the physical parts of the computer is the:
- Shortcut Computer Function
- INTERNET WEB TECHNOLOGIES AND USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- Computer Awareness Paper
- General Knowledge Question Answers (BUSINESS) | Set - 2
- Computer Related GK Series 1
- General Awareness And Computer Knowledge :
- COMPUTER AWARENESS PAPER 3
- Solved Computer Based General Knowledge Questions For All Types Of Competitions
- Computer General Awareness : Objective Questions
- COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE PAPER 4