UGC NET JRF: Sample Questions Papers and Memory Based Papers (June 2006)
1. Which of the following is not a research method?
2. Research can be grouped as the following kinds, except (options gave types of research)
a. Action method.
b. Philosophical & historical method.
d. Analytical methods.
3. What is necessary to become a researcher?
a. A post-graduation degree.
b. Analytical and reasoning mind.
D. Hard Work.
4. Which of the following is am not instructional tool?
a. Overhead projector.
d. Printed material.
5. Which of the following about lecture method is not correct?
a. It is passive.
b. It can give knowledge.
c. It can develop reasoning.
d. It is a one way process.
6. What is the aim of higher education; to enable students to?
a. Take decisions.
b. Pass exams.
c. Ask questions in lecture.
d. To make career.
7. Which of the following is incorrect?
a. Sharmila Tagore is the Chairperson of National Films Development Corporation.
b. Preity Zinta, Yash Chopra are recipients of Dada Sahib Phalke award.
c. Yash Chopra is a member of Certification Board.
d. Hema Malini is the Chairperson of Children’s Film Society of India.
8. Which of the following statements about computers is correct:
a. Fast and accurate processing of qualitative and qualitative data.
b. Processing quantitative data only.
c. Processing qualitative data only.
d. Processing images.
9. “Because you deserve to know” is the punch-line of which newspaper?
a. The Hindu.
b. The Times of India.
c. The Indian Express.
d. The Hindustan Times.
10. Which Article of the Constitution of India protects the rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions of their own choice?
a. Article 29.
b. Article 26.
c. Article 30.
d. Article 46
11. Which of the following pair is incorrectly matched?
a. N. Ram : The Hindu.
b. Barkha Dutt : Zee News.
c. Pranav Roy : NDTV 24×7.
d. Prabhu Chawla : Aaj Tak.
12. Which is the following is a 24 hours English business news channel?
b. Zee News.
c. India News.
d. NDTV 24×7.
13. Which number will come in the series 8, 24, 12, ? , 18, 54:
14. What is a modem?
a. Operating System.
b. Digital to analog signal converter.
c. a TV accessory
d. Kitchen equipment
15. Gave a series of pH values 4, 5, 7 and 8 and asked each pH to be correctly matched with the correct comments - moderate acid, alkaline, neutral, dangerous.
16. Absorption of carbon dioxide in seawater leads to:
b. Raising sea level.
c. Increased plankton growth.
17. What is largest contributor to carbon dioxide emission in India?
a. Burning coal.
d. cooking gas
18. In which year was the United Nations established?
19. What word could Yash Chopra not pronounce?
20. What was the costume of the heroine in Veer Zarra?
21 .Which is the latest Yash Chopra movie?
22. Who made the movie Lamhe?
23. With which movie is associated?: Desh Ki Dharti
24.What dooes LAN stand for?
Ans. Local Area Network